Xmas baby brevis !!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
These brand new little varanus brevicauda have timed their entrance into the world nicely.
They took 87 days to cook at 30 degrees in a perlite mix just a touch drier than 1:1

Attachments

• IMG_3362.jpg
    IMG_3362.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3364.jpg
    IMG_3364.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 234
Fantastic mate!

I had an adult pair of V.brevicauda a while back and was putting a lot of effort into breeding them, but never got any eggs. They went back to the owner and I only just got around to cleaning the enclosure out the other week...as I was sifting the sand, I found four shriveled eggs. I was not a happy camper.

It's great to see more of these amazing little fella's in the hobby. Im guessing you have a list as long as your arm for them. Nicely done.

Yeah I reckon they are my favourite critter. Mine here are all confident little buggers that happily go about their business in front of you. A real pleasure to keep.
Last season I think the boss male ate a lot of the eggs so this season i kept the three girls separately and threw the boss stud in with a girl if she looked to be bulking up with follicles. It seems to have worked well on the whole - had a couple of infertile clutches but still plenty of good looking eggs incubating so very happy.
I haven't been taking any names really because I didn't know how things would go.
The first few are spoken for but if you'd like some hopefully I should be able to help you out if incubation goes smoothly.
I got them from a guy up in Queensland who bred them from animals that he originally got from Greg Fyfe. They are nice and orange but i don't have any locality data on them. I'll get some more pics when the little ones are up and about plus some of the parents.

---------- Post added 24-Dec-10 at 07:33 PM ----------

Hey Jonno, that's bummer mate. I'm always amazed at how the eggs fit into the female.
The latest clutch was six fertiles and is the biggest I've had here.

Well done mate, brevicauda are at the top of my wish list.

Thats awesome news someone that has some success with these..Great work Steve..

Hey missed this post fishy. You seem to have cracked the brevi code. Well done.

B

i was talking to Bob Whittey over the weekend and he said i should track you down fishhead.
any update on the Brevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back