Yabbies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs I

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy bulk yabbies either in SA or other states that may freight ??

I have googled and cant seem to find any yabbies..

Many Thanks

I want about 20 - 30 live yabbies, will be pets until they are big enough and have produced enough babies to keep a cycle going ...

We have both freshwater and saltwater yabbies in populations to the thousands in both naturally occurring, artificial and purpose built dams. Taste bloody good and never stop breeding.

Nah... i'm just bragging about my over whelming success with an ugly and vicious creature that has caused me more bloody fingers and hands than I can remember ;).

If you dont mind me asking, what do you want all the yabbies for?

I catch them whenever i go to friends farms. you could just go up to farm country and find a dam away from people and dump a trap in there for 20 mins with some meat in it, and do that to a few dams. you should get loads.

I bought 6 large ones today, just happened to be in a shop that had them for $4 !

One of the females was already carrying eggs.

bfg - We are setting up aquaponics so they will eventally go into the overflow tank to breed, apparently they are nice eating...

At the moment they are in my 6ft tank until i sell it.

check with a bait and tackle shop especially in freshwater native fishing areas. Great Cod and Yellow Belly bait. We get ours from Namoi Valley Aqua Farm in Narrabri but the cost for frieght from there would be heaps.
Good Luck they are very interesting animals.

Hello!!! You finally getting the system together then ay??? I just put another 100 Barramundi in after harvesting 80 rainbow trout a few weeks ago =-)

Jozz ( big hugs babe xxxx has been too long )

yep just about all set up ready to go, will pm you cause i need the name of the place where you get your fish !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back