Yellowish mini-stool

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Clarice, (the baby Olive) passed a stool where the white part looked normal, but there was no brown part, just this extra yellowish kind of crystally crunchy looking bits.

I know this is not normal, any one seem it before, can give me any info on what it is, how serious it is and what treatment I need to apply?

All info greatly appreciated,

Cheers.

Just sounds like urate i.e wee............ nothing to worry about.

meg

Thanks Meg, I certainly hope so...

I should of said she is 8-9 months old, eating weaner rats, due to 'recycle' one soon, and seems happy and well in all other regards.

Just that I've never seen anything yellowish come out of her (or my other snakes) ever before, so as the hypochondriac that I am, I have to check out every 'different' thing that happens to any of them.. All previous 8months worth of her poos have been your standard healthy looking dark and light combo.

Thanks Meg, am glad to know it is nothing... :)

Nicole said:
Thanks Meg, I certainly hope so...

I should of said she is 8-9 months old, eating weaner rats, due to 'recycle' one soon, and seems happy and well in all other regards.

Just that I've never seen anything yellowish come out of her (or my other snakes) ever before, so as the hypochondriac that I am, I have to check out every 'different' thing that happens to any of them.. All previous 8months worth of her poos have been your standard healthy looking dark and light combo.

Thanks Meg, am glad to know it is nothing... :)

No probs, should get you over to clean out a few of my olives enclosures, only know exactly what it is as it is a bitch to scrape up. Mate of mine used to give it to his kids to draw on their driveway with (ewwwwwww). My cat also knows having had a diamond drop marbles and spray heap of pee all over him (poor buggar)

Meg

Draw with?? I second that ewwwww and add an exclamation point !
That's terrible - let me post those poor kids some Crayolas. LOL

Thanks again! :)

Nicole,
As Meg said, it sounds like all it is, is Urate, very surprised you haven't seen it until now, but nothing to worry about.

Always better to be on the safe side and ask if your worried though.

Yep, weird, seen plenty of white solid, brown solid and clear liquid, but never yellow solid before.. then again, only been keeping for a year and a bit.. but glad to know it's nothing to worry about...

I'd always rather look like a goose for asking than risk it. Thanks for your reply :)

Magpie has seen black crystals in his snakes poo as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back