Your experiences with Colubrids?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardieboy

Reaction score
Hey all, I am contemplating as one of my next reptiles getting a Common Tree Snake (Dendrelaphis Punctulata), I was looking around the archives but can't find too much about them.

I was wondering what people's experiences have been with keeping Colubrids, what you feed them on in captivity (small rodents are not part of their natural diet I believe?), experiences with breeding, handling, housing (especially temperature and humidity) etc.

If you have them in captivity I'd love to see some pics, I have googled it and already seen those pics so I only want pics of animals from your private collections! In particular, I'd be interested in the variety of colours those in captivity have - I like the ones that are greener rather than browns and blues but am curious about what's around.

Also if anyone in Victoria breeds them I'd be interested to know, for future reference!!

Thanks!

if my pair were anything to go by they're hard to get onto rodents, they smell, they move really fast when you get them out...

my experience they can take a while to settle in. I like to feed mine a mix of fish and pinky rodents. A formula that works well if they love fish and smash them down is to crush a goldfish to a course pulp in a small plastic bag, add the frozen pinky and let it defrost in the goo. warm the whole bag up after 1 hour to warm the pinky then place the pinky near where the tree snake lives then leave it alone. This has worked well for me, i have heard others waving the scented pinky near the tree snake with good results.

They are very fast and like little pocket rockets so make sure you dont let em go! They are very hard to find. I plan to breed them for the first time this year so 'touch wood'

ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back