Your woma experiences

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorgakor

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I am going to be getting my first snake in a few days, a baby woma python. I have read as much as I can find about them, but I would love to hear what people who own them have to say about them. Just looking for tidbits from your personal experiences in keeping them. Thanks in advance! Any info is appreciated.:)

I recently acquired my first Woma (2nd already on the way), & it's a great little snake. Completely different personality to my Bredlis (not that I expected them to be the same). The Woma is nowhere near as enthusiastic as either of my Bredli at feeding time. They strike like lightning, & quickly coil in a burst of violence, whereas the Woma just casually sniffs the food then gently takes it from me. Sometimes it'll half heartedly coil, although it seems that's more for positioning the food item than anything else. The Woma is a much easier & more laid back snake to handle than the Bredlis, which are both awesome anyway, it's just the Woma is easier again. I usually only handle my snakes once, maybe twice a week.

Loved Womas before I had one, love them even more now.
She is the most angelic little snake ever. I don't have an issue with her being to aggressive with her food, same as tonksy. But she's funny, after I give her the rat, she'll hiss at me if I go near her, as though I'm going to steal it back off her again. Funny little one

Thank you for the replies. I received my girl today, she is sweet as pie so far. I will remember to watch out come feeding time:)

What temps are you all keeping yours at?

They come from the desert lands so they prefer hotter temps but i keep mine at 32-34 and cold side is room temperature. great snakes very dopy and kind. lol mine is okay at feeding time. It thinks its a ven tho. bites but doesnt constrict and then constricts the second time it bites. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back