Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0- Available Soon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

Just found this on an American website... i wonder how long til they're available here?

Introducing the new ReptiSun 10.0 Linear Fluorescent UVB lamp from Zoo Med, the worldwide leader in quality quartz reptile lamps!

More UVB than any other fluorescent tube!

- This latest advancement in reptile UVB lighting is effective at distances up to 20? (compared to 12? with the ReptiSun 5.0). Allows UVB assisted photo conversion up to 20"/51cm from the lamp's surface (compared to 12"/30cm on the ReptiSun 5.0)

- Taller habitats, screen cages, and tank covers can all reduce the amount of UVB reaching your reptiles; the high output ReptiSun 10.0 will ensure that your reptile receives beneficial levels of UVB even in these situations.

- UVB emissions last one year before lamp needs to be replaced

- ReptiSun 10.0 is available in 18, 24, 36, and 48 inch fluorescent tubes to fit most terrarium applications.

- Used and recommedned by zoos, veterinarians, and top reptile professionals.

Use ReptiSun 10.0 if placing over fine screen cover tops or wire screen cages. Screens filter out up to 50% of UVB.

Provides necessary UVB which enables reptiles to maintain healthy levels of calcium and vitamin D3, thus preventing or reversing metabolic bone disease.

Up to 15% total energy output in the UVA wavelengths which helps to increase appetite, activity, and induce reproductive behavior in captive lizards, turtles, tortoises and some amphibians. Allows turtles and tortoises the proper UVB wavelengths needed to maintain healthy shell growth.

UVA and UVB emissions last 1 year. Date the base of your lamp at of purchase, and replace yearly.

From here: http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?cPath=26_27&products_id=556

Probably an $80.00 tube when it does arrive! Don't think I'll be wasting 80 bucks on something you have to chuck out 6 months later.

Taking your snakes outside for about 1 - 2 hours a week will give them more UV then those lights, doesn't even have to be sunny for them to get the UV they need. And they seem to get a bit more exercise while roaming around on the lawn.

Probably an $80.00 tube when it does arrive! Don't think I'll be wasting 80 bucks on something you have to chuck out 6 months later.
:roll: no wonder people dont ask jack.

Mrs Bredli atm in aus we can only get 2% & 5% in reptisun fluro tubes however we do have the reptisun 10%compact fluros that screw into edison fitting.In the exo-terra the come in 2% 5% & 8%(which i assumes the highest fluro available from aus suppliers),the 8%exo-terra start at $45 for 2ft & 4ft $60,the edison screw 10% are $60.I will ask my supplier if he is expecting them in aus at all in the near future.

Cheers popp :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back