Bonsai trees.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craig.a.c

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Is anyone else here interested or grows bonsai?
I have always been interested in bonsai trees for sometime but have only just got into it.
Here are the bonsai trees I have at the moment, will be getting more in the future.
If anyone else has some, feel free to post some pics.

Attachments

• Fig.jpg
    Fig.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 166
  • Juniper.jpg
    Juniper.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Trident Maple.jpg
    Trident Maple.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 173
  • m,j,f.jpg
    m,j,f.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 166
aww they're lovely! i do love bonsais but im a bit of a plant-killer :( had a few in the past but they've all since passed on to tree heaven under my clumsy hands.

aww they're lovely! i do love bonsais but im a bit of a plant-killer :( had a few in the past but they've all since passed on to tree heaven under my clumsy hands.

Most of the native drought tolerant plants I have around my place have been dying from the heat, so I figured I would give the bonsai trees a try. The local Bunnings here has some nice ones for sale. They have a big Japanese Black Pine for $230, very tempted to buy it.

I have a pot belly fig and another random Ficus, bonsai's are cool, i like plant cruelty :evil::lol:

I know a lady that has heaps and heaps, she has opened her own shop off her house and sells them. I didnt realise they were worth so much

I have quite a few, mainly different figs and a few natives I dont have a camera at the moment but I'll try to get some pics up soon

l have a Chinese Jade [ money tree ] that my Grandfather started . lts near the front door where its suposed to attract money to your house . Being Bansai it will only bring small money .

Cool, do you know of any species that are better suited to it or where to look for info online(apart from google, i already know of that site) ?

Haha im not sure you'd find much info on google! they arn't hard to grow they just dont have much form to work with while they are small so people don't tend to use them!

I have an english elm, it should be a nice little tree in about 20 years

do bonsi friut trees bare miniture friuts?
or any friut for that matter, lol would love to see miniture apples and oranges (wounder how they would taste?)

do bonsi friut trees bare miniture friuts?
or any friut for that matter, lol would love to see miniture apples and oranges (wounder how they would taste?)

not to the extent your imagening! the fruit can be somewhat smaller than normal though! if you wanted something that looked like an apple tree you would have to use something like a crab apple Malus sargenti not mine but heres a pic for an example

View attachment 114510

View attachment 114511

My mum has heaps of Wisteria growing along the side of her house like a hedge. Going to get a small shoot off it and see how it goes.

Are bonsai trees really expensive to buy? I've seen them for sale online for $50-$100 each, but they don't look like miniature trees, which is what I wanted to get, they just look like off-cuts of regular trees xD

Are bonsai trees really expensive to buy? I've seen them for sale online for $50-$100 each, but they don't look like miniature trees, which is what I wanted to get, they just look like off-cuts of regular trees xD

Depends on the age and size of the tree and how well established they are.
The Maple I bought today cost me $10 and the Juniper was $8.
Like I said, it depends on age and size. I was going to buy a Japanese Black Pine for $230 but decided not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back