Adelaide girl with marsh frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromit

Reaction score
Hey to all,

I am in Adelaide and have found just how interesting some of Australia's creatures really are.

I have 5 spotted marsh frogs. 3 are quite small and 2 are full size. I caught them after all the rain a few weeks ago. We were putting in storm water drains and found them in the mud. They have a modest tank for now, I have big plans to build a large tank to fit a fake background I already have.

I have started a small setup to breed crickets for the marshies.

I am also going to setup another stick insect enclosure for eurycnema osirus or goliath and mcleays spiney.

I really like the little garden skinks, and gecko's their eyes so little and bright. I would like to get a medium skink or bearded dragon some day.

Hope to learn about more creatures on the forum.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Greetings to you Gromit.I too am in SA....Adelaide Hills area.I have a beardie and two snakes.And would love to catch myself some geckoes,or buy them,just hard to find in Adelaide.

Love to chat.
Cheers.

Greetings to you Gromit.I too am in SA....Adelaide Hills area.I have a beardie and two snakes.And would love to catch myself some geckoes,or buy them,just hard to find in Adelaide.

Love to chat.
Cheers.

catch?

australia has some nice creatures and you will love them :)
and btw, its illegal to take reptiles/amphibians from the wild

gromit i have 3 marshes myself from tadpoles and they really a good beginners frog as im started housing frogs for about a month now, you could get a 2ft tank one like my posts which is
frogs.org.au Community :: View topic - New enclosure for my marshies.

that on a just a frog forum, marshies are cool my are oly 4 months old and depending on the size of the little ones the full grows might eat them if they havnt been feed one a daily basis.

wouls love to see some pictures of them if ya dont mind :) i have some on my posts on my tank that tank can house about 5 marshes but i onlt got 3 :)

Not catch to keep.hell no.thats just cruelty to take a critter from the wild.i have never felt one that's all.

catch?

australia has some nice creatures and you will love them :)
and btw, its illegal to take reptiles/amphibians from the wild
In SA you can catch any frog but the Smooth Frog and the Growling Grass Frog. So long as they are not caught in national reserves.

Nah I just want Peronii. I am probs going on a roadtrip to the riverlands in April. I'll take some pics and see what I find.

but you have all trpical frogs now you want non tropical ones haha, i like your work there going to be another frog i want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back