Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spottedpython

Reaction score
ok i read on a care sheet here that there tenperture is meant to be 35 degrees celsicus. but when i build these enclosures the thermostat only goes to 30 degrees celsicus. the imit wall thermostat from herp shop the $33 dollar ones i'm using. so what would i do would i have to get a different thermostat or would it be ok.

If it's a probe type thermostat, move it a little further away from the heat source.

the Imits go in the middle of the enclosure. The basking temp should be 35, maybe even more but the warm end should be around 30 and the cool end should be around 25 or so.
Simon

:p Imits are bellow type thermos,but i would imagine moving away from heat supply would still work. :p

cheers popp.

well if the heat source is a foot to the left of the thermostat, that will mean that it is really 35C at the heat source but only 30C at the thermostat due to the thermal gradient. Ya dig?

ok when i build my pythons cage since there temps have to be 30 degrees celsicus. where do i put the thermostat in there enclosure.in the middle or at the hot end.

Here you go, this should explain it quite easily.
thermalgradient.jpg

Wow, T.s (matty :wink: ), great pic! You have gone to a lot of trouble there. Also, great cabinet in other thread, clever boy :lol:

I have the same thermostat you're thinking of in the middle of my beardie enclosure and i can get directly under his basking lamp to 71.6 degrees celsius.

ok with the uv tube does it have to be as long as the enclosure like i'm building 4ftx2ftx2ft 4 of them. and in each enclosure does the uv tube have to be 4ft or could i use a 2ft.

thanks and how with baby bearded dragons like 2 to 3 months old would they be eatting pin head crickets or small crickets. and if i were to get an eastern water dragon,tawny dragon,peninsula dragon,and bearded dragon. how many crickets would they go through in 2 weeks.

Not may as they are only small at that stage. You can also offer them woodies. Don't give them mealies though.

but as they grow they will eat lots! My babie Gippsland water dragons eat two of those little boxes a week! So I looking at other alternatives such as breeding roaches and buying crickets in bulk.

Yeh, if you have enough then breeding woodies the go. I do, they thrive on neglect..........lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back