Beardie not POOING!!! HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymeemccann

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have a 9 month old eastern bearded dragon. he'd been going great, eating well pooing normally.
but in the last 5 days i havent notice a poo in sight . please help me i dont know what to do?????? in the last couple of days hes been eating beardie pellets mushed up in water , crickets and the rare vegetable.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

thats rather odd if he's food has been soaked in water pretty much but yet he hastn done a poo... More then likely your looking at constipation.. if you feel the belly there should be a hard lump in it... you can try giving warm baths and try to move the stool alongthe system... are you sure he just 'hasnt' eaten? keep us posted!!:D

thanks heaps for the help.
i'm sure he been eating because i hand feed him + plus leave food in his house.

i'm giving him a bath now i couldn't find any lumps.

im trying

Don't stress, my beardie didnt poo for 7 weeks (he didnt eat either.) A warm bath (not too warm) should squeeze it out of him. Or even a little run around the house. Anything to get those bowls moving!

if theres no lumps than i guess thats a good sign... but a weird sign... do you keep him on sand or desert blend or something that he could possibly bury the poo in.. i know my beardie buries her poo lol... if he's healthy and alert and doesnt look bad then he should be ok.. who knows he might do a poo tomorrow... or his digestive system might be a bit slow because its winter...

nah i keep him on reptile carpet. thank you for the help. it makes me feel better knowing i can just go online and people can help with my concerns.

he still seems to be active and eating so i'm hoping it just some simlpe reason. i will keep you posted when he decides to go!

A warm bath daily (same temp as your wrist) and some grated apple added to the diet will help as the water lossens the bowel and apple is a beardy laxitive. good luck.

My beardies been going a couple of weeks without any bowel movements. Then today he'd done a massive poo. He usually only goes once a week to once a fortnight at the moment but he's been brumating.

He'd eaten some apple also, he's now decided he prefers woodies over crickets also, he walks over the crickets to get the woodies. :D

Today was the day!!!!

i came home and to my great relief
frankie had done a

POO!!!!!!!

thank you all for the support.

i was so proud of him. my whole family just cheered. he 's a good beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back