beardy food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if there is any other food u can feed beardies apart from like lettuce n roaches n normal stuff like that... cos im real pov at the moment and my girl is always hungry so im thinkin if they can eat pinkies could they eat like little chunks of steak lol... might be weird question but just chuck at me what foods they can eat, weird n all..
ta nev

They don't mind a bit of canned dog food as long as it's not fish.

Also my adults and babies alike really love a treat of fat free minced meat every now and then. Also, to be cheap, get some frozen beans, corn, peas and carrots. My guys love it, and its good to watch them pinpoint their favourites with their tongues. My male takes all the corn, whereas the female just eats it all. And for about $3 a bag that lasts for ages in the freezer, you cant go wrong.

Isn't it great the way people help each other out here?! Great stuff, guys! ;-)

Just wondering, could they continue indefinitely on a diet of frozen/fresh veggies, with dog food from time to time? I'm assuming you still dust the food with calcium, but would their health suffer if their diet remained cockroach free for a long period of time?

I guess as long as their food is well balanced (Ie. supplemented) the dog food would provide protein which would otherwise come from the cockys. If you are feeding corn, make sure you run a knife through it because the membrane around the kernal is indigestable

LOL, that explains the corn pooh!!! I'll have to do that from now on, but thats only when they dont chew, most of the time they chew and i get corn juice all over the front glass of their enclosure..Same thing happens when i give them woodies..woodie guts all over the glass when they pop!! lol

Forgot to add, ive always got a plate containing this stuff, Rep-cal beearded dragon food.
Mist it with a bit of water or juice, and whenever the dragons want they can feed from it.

http://www.animalattraction.com.au/supplements.htm

Its got all the necessary vitamins and stuff too, so supplementing with powder is a rare occasion for my dragons.

That food Sherman offers, my girl beardy LOVES !!!! I found if I soak it in a bit of Fruit Juice (this morning she had pineapple juice) they are more open to accepting it. I bought a male last week which was being fed on crickets only, in a week I have him having vegies and this Rep-cal food with crickets and pinkies occasionally.

I wouldn't go past it

And for about $3 a bag that lasts for ages in the freezer

Hey wow, I see you've caught on to the whole keeping frozen vegies in the freezer thing too!!
;)

Ahhh yes, another treat they love is those little milk thistle flowers that grow out of clover patches

Teamsherman said:
Also my adults and babies alike really love a treat of fat free minced meat every now and then. Also, to be cheap, get some frozen beans, corn, peas and carrots. My guys love it, and its good to watch them pinpoint their favourites with their tongues. My male takes all the corn, whereas the female just eats it all. And for about $3 a bag that lasts for ages in the freezer, you cant go wrong.

Especially if it's mums freezer Nev :)

Teamsherman said:
LOL, that explains the corn pooh!!! I'll have to do that from now on, but thats only when they dont chew, most of the time they chew and i get corn juice all over the front glass of their enclosure..Same thing happens when i give them woodies..woodie guts all over the glass when they pop!! lol

MAAAAARGE! Marge, the rains are coming!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back