beautiful wild diamond in the hornsby area

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

$NaKe PiMp

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
being spring,its a good time to get out and about looking for herps.
i went for a bit of a look and came across a few mammmals like echidnas and bandicoots,
but also spotted this pretty diamond,just under 5 ft and a female,
quite freindly,although tried a little bite at first ,settled down quickly and didnt seem to mind being photgraphed,and tried climbing onto me a few times.
I then followed her to where she took refuge in a burrow
heres some pics

Attachments

• snake 021.jpg
    snake 021.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 269
  • snake 023.jpg
    snake 023.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 227
  • snake 024.jpg
    snake 024.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 323
  • snake 028.jpg
    snake 028.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 243
  • snake 041.jpg
    snake 041.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 218
nice find! they sure are out in numbers around here this year.
came across a nice diamond mself last week on the road at Lower Portland.
really dark colouring and very bloody cranky. will see if i can get the pics up (if you don't mind me adding 'em to your thread?)

nice find! they sure are out in numbers around here this year.
came across a nice diamond mself last week on the road at Lower Portland.
really dark colouring and very bloody cranky. will see if i can get the pics up (if you don't mind me adding 'em to your thread?)

oh yes lowerportland that would be a good spot being a bit further out,the diamonds are definantly on the move,always good to see at pics of them,post em up!

ok then here we go! not great pics though, taken on the phone.
the diamond i found whilst out the back havn a fang on the bike, came around the corner doing 99 (as you do) and just managed to stay clear of hitting this one.
the beardy i found a couple of weekends ago, again when out for a ride. i stopped to get a quick pic of him and get him off the road. gave him a little nudge with the boot to get him moving.........but he decided scurrying up my boot and pants was a better option.......scared the bejesus out of me!

Attachments

• IMG00186.jpg
    IMG00186.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG00187.jpg
    IMG00187.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG00177.jpg
    IMG00177.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 126
thats so exciting! id love to see a diamond python in the wild! good job

$NaKe PiMp you are so fortunate to see such a beauty in the wild. I haven't see one in the wild since I was a kid (30+ yrs ago) near Newcastle.

Neat as guys....only ever seen 1 wild diamond in the wild....i must get out for a herp very very soon!

they are pretty cool to see in the wild, especially when they're up in a small tree climbing around.
i've seen a few at the back of manly dam before, might be a good place to look around seeing as your in that area

awesome find!

i really need to get my lazy butt down to the bush,....!!

Ive been herping a few times and found many lizards in the blue moutains (mountain dragons, jackies and the ocassional beardie). I am yet to find a python, few red bellies. any tips for finding them, and places around blue moutains best suited to finding them?

Thats so awesome to see! I'm heading up to the Gosford area at the end of the year, I'm really hoping to see some nice herps!!

$NaKe PiMp you are so fortunate to see such a beauty in the wild. I haven't see one in the wild since I was a kid (30+ yrs ago) near Newcastle.

they are out there,and in some places there still plentiful

Ive been herping a few times and found many lizards in the blue moutains (mountain dragons, jackies and the ocassional beardie). I am yet to find a python, few red bellies. any tips for finding them, and places around blue moutains best suited to finding them?

the best way to look is on the roads at night,driving or i use motorbike to cruise along and spot things,diamonds turn up this way sometimes,but u have to be persisitant and lucky:D

Very nice find $nake Pimp,they are such awesome pythons,its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time,i havent seen any pythons yet this year,but plenty of browns and red bellys,great pictures....

thats good i think i prefer browns and red bellies,
diamonds are good to see what size/colouring/sex

ive came across 2 males about 5foot combating,3 foot,40cm baby Red bellys,also 2 around 5 foot browns, combating, i actually thought they were mating,until some1 on this site said otherwise,Thats the first time ive ever seen snakes combating,awesome site 2 watch...seen a couple 2-3 foot browns..heaps of beardys..

thats a way better find than a diamond,combating blacks and browns!
way more intresting,cause there doing something and usually makes them oblivious to your presence,so u get a good look at them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back