boyds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Howdy folks, I've had the hots for boyd's forest dragons (like everybody else I guess :) for a while now and have read just about everything available on them but obviously you can only get so much from a caresheet hey.
Aint they awesome!!
Anyhow was just wondering if anyone here keeps them - or angle headeds as well - and would like to write back of their experiences with them.
Would be much appreciated.
Regards, Steve.

hi fishead,
ive kept boyds for 5 years or so, they are awesome allright!!
Once past hatchy they are quite hardy, even the hatchys arent bad though.
They are cool to tweezer feed and display/interact regurlarly - more than beardies sometimes.
The males have awesome colours and look great when they display.
Cheers
Ad

Im hoping to Dicco,
fingers crossed anyway!

Hey Ad how come you haven't been able to breed them yet? do you keep them outside or inside.........

insectovor, they breed later than angle heads, start about October.
Had 2 clutches last season.
Keep them indoors, though I am heading towards getting them outside.
cheers
ad

Thanks for the info guys, Ad can I go on your list for four or five younguns?
Am dead serious, won't stuff you around mate. Please PM me about price etc.
Regards, Steve.

Hi Ad,
I come from the Central Qld area and have been told its to hot up here for Boyd's, what would your opinion on this be ???

Cheers

hi teza, nothing is impossible - just harder work!
depending where you are in central qld, mt isa way can get 50deg and minimal humidity- near impossible!
Coastal areas should be easier, the hotter it gets - the wetter you keep them.
Brisbane is a lot hotter and drier than their natural tablelands area. How different is your weather to Brisbane?
Its not so much as a 'cant' keep them just the lengths you are prepared to go to create their natural settings.
cheers
Ad.

Too hot??? they live in the tropical rainforests of N Qld....Ad what happened to these clutches did they hatch or were they infertile and were just dropped by the female?.......

I dont know where you are, but the rainforest doesnt actually get that hot, just humid.

Yup, table lands never gets over 40C, and only that every few years.
I'll be keeping them soon hopefully.

Hi Ad,
I have a pair that were mating yesterday and also just picked up a couple of young ones today. Do you have any tips for breeding? I've bred a stack of spinipes in the past, are they much different? What temp do you incubate them at? Lastly, any tips for raising hatchlings? The ones I got today are younger than my original animals and one took a cricket as soon as I got home. I had a preety hard time getting my current animals to feed.
Glenn

Howdy again folks, I haven't had much luck tracking down any breeders so if there's any out there. Can I sign up onto your list for this years younguns? Am in NSW.
Bye, Steve.

Thanks for your comments Ad, I am located in Rockhampton CQ ... Would they do better outdoors or indoors up here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back