Bredli tickling...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LadyJ

Okay, please keep some mutarity. I've noticed now for some time (maybe a few months?) that while handling my bredli he will "tickle" me with his spurs. Usually when he's around my neck or my wrist, it doesn't happen all the time or even regulary, but when it does it's quite noticeable.

I wasn't 100% sure but after another reptile keeper friend came over she experienced the same thing (we've also both had her ackie pull a similar stunt!)! So it's not just me. I've also seen his spurs protrude...

I'm fully aware this is a courtship ritual and that's what has me... err... un-easy? I've been umming and erring whether to actually post this due to the level of maturity that sometimes surronds this place but now it's got me concerned.

Please, I don't want to cop anything over this. My thoughts are he's just "happy" there's something warm with a pulse and is perhaps confused... he's from Feb '10 if it helps and otherwise a very happy and healthy python. Think he wants a snakey girlfriend? :oops:

Oh thats pretty funny.....ive never experienced that so dont have any advice but A snakey girlfriend is definitely in order, although at 19 months old probably a little bit young this year...... It's the right time of the year for mating though. Good luck :)

Haha, thanks you two, it is pretty funny actually... "mundanes" think a dog humping their leg is bad! Haha, but I might get him a girlfriend although I had no plans for it, seems he's wanting it so I'll go by that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back