Bricklayer needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone wanna lay 1,000 bricks for me in return for either a Boyds Forest Dragon or pair of Frillie hatchies?

couldnt get in touch with a bricklayer hey pj :(
ill speak to hubby and see what he says ;)

My dad has heaps of contacts Pete , i'll ask him when he gets back from work for you ;)

Old man charges $1.50, but I wasn't sure what the going rate was doing in Sydney :)

$1.00 for commons, $1.20 for face work, add 20c per brick for 1 st floor.
Where do they pay $1.50 a brick??? would have to be one hell of a brick layer t get that out of me!

FYI, the bricks will only be two or three high.

Its only to provide foundations for the side of avaries.

Queensland $1.50 per brick, But that includes washing/ cleaning them.
Not to sure about the supply of sand and cement.
Paul

Done pete, when do we start lol.

Well.. I will be there to hold the beer for the people actually DOING work anyway...

Boyds for $600? I'll take the lot!

Seriously thats a good deal, just getting to see his Zoo is worth it alone!

what value

I will do it for a chicken and your pet cat,maybe throw in a couple of knives and forks.:lol:
Just like the old day's hey lol !

Pugs pete and I did the hard stuff, we've already dug trenches and cement layed.

Got a great tan on boxing day from doing it.

Dad said that he is able to help ,but he has no idea how to lay bricks but he he can help as being a labourer :D So i guess he can help carry the bricks or make the cement ect ?? :lol:
If you think he can be a help :p please PM me :p

Nikki

Wow, I just read an article about a German guy who laid over 64,000 bricks in one day (setting a world record at the time). At the going rate of say $1.20 a brick, he would make $76,800 for one days work. Based on a 5 day week and working 40 weeks a year he would make $18,432,000 yes that's 18 million dollars a year.

Sorry for the chit chat but I thought it was a very interesting article.

spilota, I'd like to see how plum the wall is!

A good brickie can lay 1000 face bricks a day, with a labourer keeping up with him. Once you factor in sills, door frames and other bits and pieces, it's a pretty good pace.

no not exactly, not sure of the exact name of the wall.

However the avaries sides are being put on top of the bricks. Just so the bottom foot or so are bricks.

Its not really weight bearing. Trenches and foundations are already layed.

spilota, I'd like to see how plum the wall is!

A good brickie can lay 1000 face bricks a day, with a labourer keeping up with him. Once you factor in sills, door frames and other bits and pieces, it's a pretty good pace.

At $1.50 a brick that's still $1500 a day. 6 day week.... $9000 a week, 46 week year $414,000 a year, considerably more than a doctor or lawyer makes.

$1.20 per brick is what a team charges to do everything. All I want is a tradesman for a day. I will supply all the sand and cement and I will mix the mud, lay out the bricks etc. I can get a tradesman for the $600 and am more than happy to do that and then just sell the animals. But as Steve said, it might actually be fun. But if you think $600 is not enough for a days work then thats totally fine.

Oh, and it is a double skin retaining wall with 7 metres long and then 3 single skin short walls a couple of metres long each.

At $1.50 a brick that's still $1500 a day. 6 day week.... $9000 a week, 46 week year $414,000 a year, considerably more than a doctor or lawyer makes.

the reality is most good brickies would average 500-600 per day, then you have to factor in labourers as well. $1.20-$150 a brick includes handling of the bricks and loading scaffold as well. Still make a very respectable wage but work dam hard for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back