Can I get a proper identification please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stomk4

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey when I brought my python I was told it was a Jungle but after researching I'm 90% sure they're just a carpet python but I would prefer to get the advice from experts cheers and sorry for the silly question

Beautiful snake meant to be a about 7ish months old I've had them for 4-5 months, has only bitten recently twice when pulling out of the feeding tank but I assume that is because they're still in feeding mode

Attachments

• 44ab61ca-2d56-418b-80b2-7a332f8f74fa.jpg
    44ab61ca-2d56-418b-80b2-7a332f8f74fa.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240412_004334.jpg
    20240412_004334.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 1
Jungles are carpet pythons but this little guy doesn’t look like a Jungle. More likely Coastal or Inland carpet python.

It's 100% a Carpet Python. It's most likely mixed blood, it's not a pure Inland. It's likely a biproduct of Jag breeding (which doesn't make it any worse a snake). Looks like a lovely pet! Enjoy!

Hey when I brought my python I was told it was a Jungle but after researching I'm 90% sure they're just a carpet python but I would prefer to get the advice from experts cheers and sorry for the silly question

Beautiful snake meant to be a about 7ish months old I've had them for 4-5 months, has only bitten recently twice when pulling out of the feeding tank but I assume that is because they're still in feeding mode
what most newbies don't realize is that all carpets are the same species ie Morelia. jungles are carpets,coastals are carpets,inlands are carpets and Darwins( aka top ends) are carpets

Back