Can someone tell me what this is ??plz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NaughtyByNature

Reaction score
Hi

One of my girlfriend just brought this around, she said she found it in her house.

I have no idea what it is but know one of you more experienced people would.:? :?

We are in NSW and I have added a 5 cent so you can see how tiny it is.

Also I was wondering if this was in her house could the rest of the clutch be under the house or something.:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: She is a bit worried and chcking all shoes before putting her foot in.

Thanks guy's in advance:D

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 72
yeh its a blind snake thingy, they eat ants i think........

It's a Blind Snake; completely harmless. There won't be anymore in the house, they live underground and it is nothing short of amazing that one was found actually inside of a house.

definately a blind snake, had a quick look in a book looks like it might be Ramphotyphlops Broomi or faint striped blind snake but im not too sure.

She should be fine about it now as they are harmless only eating stuff like Ant larvae.
Mitch

If your girlfriend owns the house maybe she should have it checked for termites.
Both love the dark and blind snakes love termites.

You beat me to the termite comment nuthn2do, this pic is not very good of me with one but none the less a pic. I love blindsnakes they are gorgeous creatures.

Simone.

Last edited:
Junglemad,I don't think they are exotic as they can be kept on a licence in NSW.
Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back