Cane toads lose their killer touch in east Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 12 and I get treated the same as everybody else...:p:lol:

Perhaps you are a mature 12 year old that we have grown to love and know better than to post rubbish advice left right and centre.
You may have gone through this stage as well, who knows. He's eager that's a good thing : )

Frogs make up part of their diet so toads would definatley be in there. And the numbers of bluetongues around Darwin dropped dramatically when the toads turned up. I only recall seeing one after the toads arrived.

That's interesting mate. I've been here in SE QLD for 20 years now..in the outer suburbs (and the city parklands, right in the heart of brisbane) Blue tongue numbers have slowly increased, to where they're probably the most often seen lizard (other than water skinks). But, in that time frog numbers have plummeted. It's been raining here for a fortnight, almost 24/7, and I still haven't heard a green tree frog. Even a couple of years back you would hear the odd one or two off in the distance somewhere. Pretty sad. Yes, I know some smart **** will say something about scientific evidence..nothing has changed in terms of infrastructure, habitat loss, etc... when it's getting hard to find to find frogs in boondall wetlands,but there are cane toads everywhere you look, theres something very wrong.

I used to see blueys all the time up here, havent seen one for a long time now : (

Same as frillies, don't know the last time I saw one just hanging around, see plenty of toads tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back