Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get it?? Why cant you keep your comments to yourself? If you dont like hybrids, dont buy them. If you like them, buy them.. Some hybrids look nicer than the pures too and it doesnt kill off other pures. Cant the pet industry have both Pure and Hybrids?

I think this thread can move on from that now armand and focus on the snakes welfare..

He obviously cares about his pet, thats all that matters..;)

I think this thread can move on from that now armand and focus on the snakes welfare..

He obviously cares about his pet, thats all that matters..;)

Well said. This question has at least three different topics that could be used individually to start a thread, and true to our nature we jump on the least urgent one. If the snake dies, so do the arguments on this thread, but if it lives then we can argue for another 10 pages on the other stuff. Not what I was going to post originally, but hallie's right.

Good luck with the snake mate.

Last edited:
He mentioned it is possible to get them our surgically, as far as Toowoomba goes the vet I got is the best but not easy on the pocket. The medically induced laying is $300-$500.

The snake box is a thing he recommends to give them somewhere comfortable to hide and have the eggs safely, just not sure why that happened with mine, I a guessing temperature got a bit low. Blew both the big 150w heat lamps and could only buy 100w so the cage temp dropped by 6 degrees in a few days before, and now we have had 3 cold days in a row so would explain a lot as the weather was warm up until then.

Surgical is an option to get the eggs out but who knows whether they will be ok or not, hoping so be interesting to see how they turn out, just gonna foot a $700-$1000 bill for it which is gonna hurt the pocket but better than losing a pet. The back 60cm of her body was full with eggs so was alot in there.

Interesting to see the outcome come monday.:|

Dr bob does charge a fair bit.. but its worth it, I don't think I was there the day you were in though :)

Honestly how do you think we get pure bred animals its by cross breeding and cross breeding people really need to put the snakes issue first its having trouble as he said he has only had pythons for 12mths, so I guess ur gonna call my dog a mutt cause shes a x breed oh and my pure bred brittish blue a bittsa all animals are crossed bred to get something pure.....

How does that make any sense?... please enlighten me.
Can you give a single example of what ever the hell your on about.

Snake has to have surgery, but he thinks the eggs will be no good. Anyone else ever had this procedure done with the snake? I am probably going to have her desexed so it does not happen to her again.

hey rustypython, sorry to hear about the surgery. I hope you can save the eggs,or at least some of them. so that you can recoup some of the vet cost, i got a few coastal juvies. im happy to give you a couple (m and f) if ya want .im just up on the sunshine coast, I would hate to think that your, and your snakes bad luck might put you off the joy of keeping reptiles.

Honestly how do you think we get pure bred animals its by cross breeding and cross breeding people really need to put the snakes issue first its having trouble as he said he has only had pythons for 12mths, so I guess ur gonna call my dog a mutt cause shes a x breed oh and my pure bred brittish blue a bittsa all animals are crossed bred to get something pure.... Ppl who have got nothing nice to say should honestly not say anything at all... Rusty as a few ppl have said give her 48hrs or more to see if she lays them all if not get her to a vet ASAP..

Are you confusing cross breeding and inbreeding?? Because that post makes absolutely no sense what so ever :|

Hopefully the carpet gets through the surgery and you keep her separate from now on.
I doubt the eggs will survive the removal, but as long as the snake recovers and you know for next time, its a lesson learnt.

Originally Posted by Aussie Python Lover
Honestly how do you think we get pure bred animals its by cross breeding and cross breeding people really need to put the snakes issue first its having trouble as he said he has only had pythons for 12mths, so I guess ur gonna call my dog a mutt cause shes a x breed oh and my pure bred brittish blue a bittsa all animals are crossed bred to get something pure.... Ppl who have got nothing nice to say should honestly not say anything at all... Rusty as a few ppl have said give her 48hrs or more to see if she lays them all if not get her to a vet ASAP..

I think he means that some "pure" breeds are crossbreeds.
E.g. A pure Pit Bull Terrier is a dog thats origins lie in both Bull dogs and Terriers but has been continuely bred as to become a separate breed.

I think we need to define hybrid and crossbreed. (correct me if im wrong) The way i see it a Hybrid is the result of breeding two distinct but similar species.
E.g. Zebra x pony = Zony, Carpet Python x Green Tree Python = Capondro
A crossbreed is the result of breeding two subspecies of the same species.
E.g. Labrador x Poodle = Labradoodle, Coastal Carpet Python x Jungle carpet Python = Coastal Jungle Carpet Python (If anyone has a better name let me know* :) )
Some People consider breeding different locales is crossbreeding
E.g. Atherton Jungle Carpet Python x Palmerston Jungle Carpet Python = Atherton Palmerston Jungle Carpet Python (*)

Hope this clears some things up.
Monis

Bangs head on wall...........Dogs are all one species!

Bangs head on wall...........Dogs are all one species!

*hands rammer a evolution poster and a pointing cane*
Maybe pictures will make it easier for them to understand :lol: :p

Why does breeding dogs always get compared to breeding reptiles :rolleyes:

Time for a test.
Can anyone give me the latin names of lets say a poodle a boxer and a great dane? Hint- google is your friend.

Do they not have schools in Brassal, QLD? That is quite possibly the biggest load of bull excrement ive ever read. I feel violated and stupider after opening this thread. Take a leaf out of your own book, if you havent got anything intelligent to say dont say anything at all.

Good luck with the snake Rusty, if nothing else its a lesson learned. Always worth reprobing snakes a couple of times, particularly those that probe female up front. Males can tighten up the muscles in the tail and prevent the probe from going in full length at times.

Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back