Catching some food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyeman

Reaction score
Just wanting to gather some info on catching insects/worms myself in my local area or backyard traps (etc). rather than buying them any detailed or general info would be appreciated.

If you want to produce some worms start a compost heap, and throw in a punnet of them.
Im not sure great ways to attract insects other than butterfly net and an outside light lol.
Also Im not sure if your aware but wild insects can carry parasites which is why a lot of keepers choose not to use them

Get a large coke bottle cut the about a 5th of the top off. Invert the top piece and place it in the bottle so you have a funnel trap. Now add a few pieces of rotting meat and place it outside somewhere where it won't stink your house out.
Come back in a day or so and see how many flies you have.

I hang a white sheet from the gutter of my back patio that funels into a click clack 55l using pegs to hold in place with a fluro light behind the sheet at night. As moths beetls etc hit the sheet most will fall down into tub and others can be picked off the sheet. This works well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back