Choosing a new monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok u can put a adult lace monitor in a 4ft tank as they only reach 2ft in length and they look alot better then ridge tails. also not as aggresive!!

The Lace Monitor is a long and slender lizard that grows up to 2 metres (6ft 5in) in length. Their scientific name indicates variety and they are widely variable in colour and pattern from a blue-grey to a black colouration.

The Lace Monitor, Tree Goanna or simply 'Goanna' is restricted to Eastern Australia from Melbourne all the way up to Cape York. The Lace Monitor has no natural predators other than perhaps the Australian Dingo and is considered the most aggressive Australian monitor lizard.

How does that equal 2 foot?

The Lace Monitor is a long and slender lizard that grows up to 2 metres (6ft 5in) in length. Their scientific name indicates variety and they are widely variable in colour and pattern from a blue-grey to a black colouration.

The Lace Monitor, Tree Goanna or simply 'Goanna' is restricted to Eastern Australia from Melbourne all the way up to Cape York. The Lace Monitor has no natural predators other than perhaps the Australian Dingo and is considered the most aggressive Australian monitor lizard.

How does that equal 2 foot?

if you had let me finish before you became so rude my lace monitors dnt have tails
geez i cant beleive u couldn't work that out. mr reptile man. owell i guess a 16 yr old jst knows a little more than you.
dnt get up set by it though. im sure your good at other things

I guess like spelling:lol: Mate just because I'm 12 doesn't mean i don't know anything about reptiles and no i didn't "Rudely" interrupt you I just gave the RIGHT Facts
public education wat r u goin 2 do about it?
well your right facts didnt mention anything about my lace monitors without their tails did it?
so obviously all your facts aren't right

i dont have any monitors yet but if i were to get a lace i would prolly put it in a nice pit not a 4" fish tank that way you dont realy have to worry bout heating or uv thats what the sun is for unless you live in cooler climate

i dont have any monitors yet but if i were to get a lace i would prolly put it in a nice pit not a 4" fish tank that way you dont realy have to worry bout heating or uv thats what the sun is for unless you live in cooler climate
Exactly what i was thinking

how could they stretch their legs and get exercise in a 4" fish tank let alone turn around

I Have a pair of ridge tails, i keep one in a four footer and another in a 3 footers eventuallyy they will go together as a pair. four foot would be great just have lots of hiding spots so they dont fight to much!!

Kimberlies are gorgeous, but expensive and i'm not sure how big they would get, they are a medium sized monitor.
Stear, maybe people who have lots of posts have something relevant to say, having read your posts, it is obvious why you have such a low count

im not an expert on monitors its just good husbandry and just plain common sense its simple a lizard that can grow 6" needs a big enclosure. how would you like to be confined to a small box

ok snakeman and nutta just ignore stear in this thread it's carrying on way too long and all it will do is encourage him/her/it. He/she/it is stirring deliberatly guys...

Get some Storr's monitors, they are so funny to watch. Hours of entertainment for everyone! And a pair will live comfortably in a 4ft tank for their whole life. Very comfortably!

stear LACE MONITOR powerful, with long,slender compressed tail tl 2.1 meters found on the east coast of australia qld to vic and cosidered rare in sa and also wide spread threw nsw. that info was sourced from "A complete guide to reptiles of australia" it was by Steve Wilson and Gerry Swan

I think stear had some good points and some bad, he just has some different oppinions and he has had different experiance with reptiles. so you do not have my vote as i dont think some one shoul get banned for saying what they think is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back