Cleaning Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantazmic

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

What are your thoughts on using

"Vanilla fridge wipe" by Mclintocks to clean my snake enclosures

the ingredients in the cleaner are
Ethyl Alcohol
water
Ethyl Vanillin
Vanillin

it is a product that is antibacterial, safe near food

the question is would it be safe for snakes

i guess the main concern is the vanilla content - obviously i wouldnt be spraying it near or on the snakes

I was using it to clean my fridge and it occurred to me i could use it for the snakes

what do you all think

Elizabeth

Pythons have a very acute sense of smell.For that reason I would not use any product that was scented.

Diluted dish washing liquid and a good, hard rinse afterwards works wonders.

I wouldn't use anything scented :|

i have this spray stuff repti clean it works well

I use that as well, it works but I swear it smells just like normal pine o'clean. The only down side is it's $14 a bottle and doesn't last very long when your cleaning four enclosures.

the thing I didnt like about the reptivclean is they warn you must thoroughly rinse any areas where it is used like it is toxic if even only a slight residue is left.
I didnt know about F10 wipes...Would I get those from the 'herp shop" ?

They sound good as it would make clean up quick and easy

Elizabeth

I use that as well, it works but I swear it smells just like normal pine o'clean. The only down side is it's $14 a bottle and doesn't last very long when your cleaning four enclosures.
i clean 4 enclosures also and its lasted me 5 cleans so far with a few left in the bottle i tend to overspray also i guess you could add water to it when its half empty mayby? water it down a tad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back