collapsed eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey guys..
alot of my eggs have collapsed in... so i figure i have lost this batch... im thinking alot of factors may have caused this one of which is my in accurate temp... i dunno if that does cause it but couldnt be good.
got ny other ideas of what causes the eggs to collapse?
ta nev

give the sides of the eggs a spray of water but do not spray on the eggs spray the vermiculite as it is probly dry

nah they r all white... just nearly all hv dimples
1 has totally shrivelled up
nev

neven, what type of eggs are they from and how long have you been incubating them for???

neven, sounds like they are too dry. With Bearded eggs you can spray them lightly with water. Try it once a day for a week or so. You have nothing too lose and everything to gain. Best of luck

I don't know how long they have been incubating but eggs start to collapse a week or so before hatching.
Unless they start to stink don't throw them out.

nah there isnt ny smell... n no signs of mold or fungi or ny of that stuff... only dimples...
yeh ill try giving them a spray once a day for a week... nothin to lose as u said
ta nev

I really should read the whole thread before posting. :oops:

Make sure your egg container is well sealed so humidity can build, you should get at least some fogging up inside the container.

Neven, I had the same thing with some beardie eggs that I really thought were done for as I month on and nothing. Just kept the substrate moist and kept them in a spot that I wouldn't look at them constantly looking for tell-tale movements signalling succuessful hatching and lo and behold, all hatched minus one.
Good luck.
Rina

Don't spray directly onto the eggs and I've seen beardeds hatch from raisin like eggs. You've got 50 odd days of incubation all up so, don't stop now. Even if they keep shrinking

They're resilient little things.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back