crickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkgone

Reaction score
ok ive bought heaps of crickets for my beardie but i know there not gonna last so instead of buying them could i catch them because there are heaps of crickets out the back of my house on the cement verandah.Do u think this woulds be safe?

something about wild food items, there alot better as a meal,but....a big but...you have to be positive that no one around you has been spraying insectorside the poison can transfer to your reptiles which can make them sick or worse kill them.....ever tried breeding crickets or cockroaches pretty easy

Or simply buy them............
another tip buy med crickets and keep them in a big tub with water and food they will grow into large crickets and can still be fed...don't forget about the water they will die without moisture

They will also drown in water :p
Carrot or apple etc will provide enough moisture for them.
If using a shallow water dish I suggest placing cotton wool,marbles,rocks etc inside it so they can not fully submerge and drown...

I get mine from a supplier and they are $4/100... I also get woodies, honestly they are not hard to keep... I buy them by the 1000 every month...

Speaking of beardies, I have just seen the most awesome beard display I have ever witnessed in my fellas... amazing

yeah, just put a lid of a jam jar or something in there with some sponge, cotton wool, aquarium pebbles etc and pour in some water. Make sure the water isnt too deep or exposed otherwise they will drown. They just suck the liquid out of the wool/sponge. Make sure you keep the cotton wool damp, especially in summer!!!

Where did you get those crickets from Already gone? seems like a good deal as I'm Brisbane based as well.

I feed wild crix occasionaly, they pour out of cracks in the ground when you put the hose on it, I just net them. instant turtle dinner.

there everywhere in the paddocks hear i mean 100 per square meter

Just out of curiosity have you got your bearded dragon yet? or did you purchase the crix in preperation?

mystic_herps said:
They will also drown in water :p
Carrot or apple etc will provide enough moisture for them.
If using a shallow water dish I suggest placing cotton wool,marbles,rocks etc inside it so they can not fully submerge and drown...

not in Queensland you need addition water, I use a crystal thingy (egnore the terminology) these crystals sponge up moisture and the crix wont drown or you can just use cottonwood buds

i reckon woodies are the best idea... i use to feed my beardies crickets but the little buggers hop out every where.... woodies i found are cheaper and dont jump every where....
i get mine from the herp shop and are about $5/100
nev

Hey, guys, we got all our breeding crickets, woodies(speckled feeder roaches) and mealworms from Pisces. We are now catering to a few local markets around SA. We certainly can't outdo Pisces or the HerpShop that's for sure. Just catering to local markets. We have thousands of baby crickets now. They are bigger than pinheads. Just watch out for ants as they eat em. Cheers Cheryl

Sorry, I just noticed this thread now but I get all my crickets from sunstate. There address is 1 Pagewood St, berrinba, QLD I cant remember the phone number but I will find out. Small crix/woodies are $4/100 med are $5 and Lge are $6... they will freight them to you for $10... not sure about interstate prices but they do ship them around Aust
:eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back