Croc Hunter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My folks in far n.q. have just had a croc in their back yard! they have a creek through their property and they have found a 4' croc in there.
They have caught it and re-released it. When I asked him if he was worried he said 'nah - big lizard' !! I am calling him Steve Irwin now! lol
I would love to have been there, real croc experience.
Cheers
Ad

Ad what a thrill!
lol He called it a big lizard, you come from tough stock.
Em
Me 2 Pinks - and a dinosaur. lol

i saw the name of the thread and said "it's on now" :) Nothing like an Irwin thread to start a good argument.
Lucky it's a different one. :)

Pinky, my folks are just south of cairns.
My step-father was born and bred up there, he has endless croc stories.
His father was one of the original pioneer cane farmers, of course he says there are only small crocs nowadays compared to the old days.

obee,
Do you know a little about crocs? other than feeding regime and tank cleaning that is?
Don't dig at me - Share your knowledge and experience instead, start showing some positive.
ad

its ok noone - i dont want to argue with obee. On jungles maybe - but not crocs! lol
anyway a four footer I thought was pretty brave, even then I am sure they exaggerated!
they didnt even get a pic. I would love a pic holding a 4 footer (after it being restrained of course) In the old days they would have just shot it, so its good to see things on the improve.

they still havent identified that lizard I posted about a while back, when I am up there in sept I will be hunting for it. Its a good spot for herps, spotted tree monitor colony, water and scrub pythons.

noone you are not correct.yes ad i spend a lot of time in croc country.spend a lot of time croc spotting know some great spot out of the way.nothing like 4 am in the in morning ten foot dinghy with a 15 foot croc bumping the front in the spotlight.alone black 50 feet of water.sure gets the heart pumping.
oh and we have a 17 ft croc our biggest in the park.are your parents in tully?

obee

They couldnt tell me, thats why I wanted a pic too!
the creek runs to salt water, the locals reckon saltys do get that far up. lots of old wives tales.
How's this. they sit on their stool at the creeks edge fishing with their tackle box in front of them. The theory is when the croc lunges, chuck the tackle box in his mouth - he thinks it is food and run like hell!
obee they live very close to Tully, why do you ask?

no reason ad, i would say the croc they caught could easily have been a salty.a salty can be in any sized body of water where there is no barrier preventing movement up river system.pity they didn't get a foto.

obee

In the territory they're found more than 100 kms upstream.

Hix

hix they have actually been found up to 400kms inland from the nearest saltwater,thats why saltwater crocodile is so misleading.

obee

hey obee just wandering what park are we talking about mate?

obee said:
noone you are not correct.yes ad i spend a lot of time in croc country.spend a lot of time croc spotting know some great spot out of the way.nothing like 4 am in the in morning ten foot dinghy with a 15 foot croc bumping the front in the spotlight.alone black 50 feet of water.sure gets the heart pumping.
oh and we have a 17 ft croc our biggest in the park.are your parents in tully?

obee
17 ft that is great croc obee. Do they still have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back