Eastern Beardeds in Queenscliff, Vic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
I was at Queenscliff on Sunday and found what looked like juvi Eastern Beardeds! These guys where about 25cm from nose to tail tip and were in excellent condition basking on logs and sticks. I wasn't totally sure that they weren't found down there and after catching two I beieve I might have made a bit of mistake in releasing them again :roll:

My biggest mistake was not bringing a camera down with me and photographing them. They were all beautiful lizards and in superb condition.

Any thoughts anyone? I'm not sure if they are found in these parts? I suppose they are still in the East though :lol: :lol: Just the wrong part of East :wink:

Perhaps if someone wanted to they could get themselves some nice ones -not that I'm saying that mind you :lol: :lol: :lol:

The place was near the Queenscliff Lighthouse.

According to the inkspot in Swan and Wilson they almost get there. I remember catching an adult at Beaumaris (near Morrabin on that map) when I was a kid, can't say if it was a native or translocated but it was light tan like a P.vitticeps. But occasional P.barbata individuals are tan, mainly those who live near the beaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back