Fake hides and backgrounds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5potted

Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pics of what I've been working on the past week. The enclosures are coming along nicely with the stuff I made a while ago and the new items.

The pyramids lid comes off as I'm going to fill the bottom with more sand so I can just remove the lid and see in to my levis. And the click-clack for the wheatbelt is temporary (in case someone was going to mention something about being too small) as their melamine enclosures are waiting for new light fittings.

Attachments

• 03032011024.jpg
    03032011024.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 03032011029.jpg
    03032011029.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 03032011033.jpg
    03032011033.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 03032011035.jpg
    03032011035.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 140
kewl great idea, Does the render go really hard ?
i would like to to a few things like that in a few of my tanks

Can see a great desert theme for my Mitchell's hopping mice and some great ideas are coming to mind for some of my frog tanks

yeah it goes fairly hard, and heavy. It really depends on what you make. I had no difficulties with my hides however the stairs on the background piece I wouldn't put them in my adult spotted enclosure as he'd have the strength to snap it off the support beams. I usually put on 4 or so coats so it does take a while waiting for each coat to dry (depending on the weather).

Yeah I use Bondcrete in with the render. After I create the shape I also put a heat gun over it as it fuses the outside and makes the polystyrene less likely to break off during the process. I can't take the credit for the instructions as was taught by Tooninoz (I think he made a how to make a hide thread a while ago).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back