feeding worms??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breeding them is easy, just set up a compost tub somewhere in your back yard, keep it moist and well fed with vege waste and they will thrive.

My beardies or bluies dont take worms for some reason. Turtles used to love them though. But they'll eat anything.

Earth worms, so I've read, are carriers or round worms (parasitic worms). I avoid them for this reason. Perhaps someone else knows more on this topic.

beardies and blueies and turts and frogs all love fresh earthworms, breeding is easy as sherm says.
I just pick them from the rotting leaflitter in my garden (no pesticides) . Is there anything your NOT afraid to do/try Sdaji? Lol :lol:

Most beardies will eat earth worms, but not compost worms (reds, blues and tigers).
So they will eat the ones from your garden, but not the ones you buy to go in a worm farm.

Lol Sdaji, I dont mean eating anything that moves! :lol: Think you might have a Homer simpson gene in that regard, lol :lol:

Catch some worms from your garden put a bag of peat moss and newspaper into a garbage bin with air vents in the lid and come back in a month or two. That's what i did, with occasional dinner scraps thrown in and the soil kept moist they will thrive. I know from experience turtles and frogs will eat them but many lizards dont seem as keen in my experience. But that would very likely depend on the individual lizard as well as the species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back