For Dobermanmick-Big Attitude

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is Armadhi, he's full of attitude but he's really a sweat guy.

100_0791.sized.jpg

He looks like hes planning to disembowel a certain photographer! lol what a beauty, awesome claws . :shock:

Thanks kevyn
He certainley does look like hes planning something !
Hes beautiful thats one exotic i would love to have ! what is his age and what are they worth to buy over there ?
Hes awsome I want him !
What are they like to handle ?
Thanks again

Oh my God!!!!!!! he is wonderful i want to cuddle him to!!!!

Greebs-that's a crazy Tiger! I've never seen one like that before. Still can't find any over hear. One day... I hope.

Dobermanmick-he's about 5years old and still growing like a weed. They are a bit of a pain (literally) to handle due to their huge claws. I could clip them but he uses them alot to climb. Other than that they're great. He usually climbs on top of my head. He's really affectionate. Loves to have his lower jaw rubbed. He's such a suck. Sleeps and eats lots. They are frightenly cheap here. About $25-$50 CND. Needless to say they are one of the most abused and misunderstood reptiles. Most die within 5 years, mainly because people don't feed them properly. They should live 15-25years. I love mine, and wouldn't trade or sell him for anything. I really could go on forever about Green Iguanas, there really is alot to know, and they have tons of personality. If you ever get the chance to leagally own one, and are prepared I highly recommend them for the right keeper.

I should add, I have been bitten by him. Once when we first got him and he wasn't used to people at all. Second when I was taking a peice of strawberry to feed him, he thought I was just taking his strawberry. Note: dont' mess with there strawberries. The bites are nasty! Lots of very sharp teeth.

You are making me green with envy lol :mrgreen:
If i get the chance (i think i will have to move out of Au first ) i will get one what size enclosure do they need ?I cant belive they are so cheap. Are they bred easily ?
He has now been resized and is my wallpaper!

Cool, I'm sure Armadhi would be pleased to hear that. He has the run of my snake room. He's litter trained too. Smart little devils, and damn agile when they want to be. They are easy to breed, but I don't breed them. I'm going to try to get an albino one sometime in the future and I may try to breed those. If you haven't seen the albinos yet, I suggest running a google on them. They are very impressive.

Don't be too jealous. You should see the price of Lace Monitors and Perenties here...yikes!

hay kev if i ever travel around your way could you introduce me to Armadhi and arrange a 'play date'

P.S. don't tell him, i think he is cute (he he he ) i think i have a crush on him

awwwwwww i want him :( the first herp i wanted was years ago and it was a green iguana then my heart BROKE when i found out we couldn't have them! i still want one (and could get one but would NEVER risk my current herps) but someone told me you really basically need a whole room for them which i dont have lol. im so jealous kev he's awesome!

he looks awesome and could be planning an escape. lol

Simon, Iguanas usually deficate in the same spot every time, so it's really easy to litter train them. Just put some in a box where you want them to go and that's it. They kind of come that way.

really beautiful lizard. thats it i think im going to move to where your at.

Come on up! I'll hook you up will all sorts of cool stuff. You wouldn't even believe that package I've got coming in the next few days. I'm drooling... :D

im thinking of getting a lizard after i have hand trained and settled my snake in, bt i hear there really messy. and arnt very good for handling?
What type of lizard is that, and how much?

That's a Green Iguana (Iguana iguana), and they are illegal in Australia. But no he's not messy or difficult to handle really.

Yep, it is reptles like your pal Armadhi that are the "weak point" in our exotics amnesty Kevyn for me as having an animal like that in your home would be absolutely amazing so all I can do is sit in envy and admire such a regal looking animal. Thank- you for sharing such a great photo. Any plans to get him a girlie friend?
Regards Rina

Ya I think about it every now and then. The fact that Greens go for around $25-$50 each kind of puts me off. Not because I won't make much off them, just because the low price leads to many impulse buys. I think I'll hold off for a bit and wait to get a female albino imported. Those are truely amazing. Thanks for the kind words, Armadhi would be very flattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back