Gold Blue Tongues?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
central blue tongue,is this what u seen?

Attachments

• central-blue-tongue-lizard.jpg
    central-blue-tongue-lizard.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 138
I'm sorry kimba but the lizard picture you posted just does not look like a blue tounge lizard. I'm not talking about the colour,,i mean the eyes, the head shape..the lizards stance. when i look at it i think of a land mullet morph or something.. What is it? Is it really a blue tounge. If so it'l take me a while to believe it.

HI all,

The species Kimba posted was Eremiascincus fasciolatus A narrow banded sandswimmer, an Australian fossorial species starting to be more commonly kept in captivity.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

northernjuvie.jpg

T.jpg

One of my eastern blueys was named Buddah as he has a real golden tinge to him (golden buddah):)

Especially when next to my other one God(zilla)

Both are from the same parents but i think the mum had the golden colour to it..

not the best photo but Buddah is on the bottom and has the golden colour where the others have a grey

lizardpile-1.jpg

Eipper, I believe that was actually E.richardsonii.

I personally cannot see any major similarities between Sandswimmer sp and Tiliqua sp...

Rocket,

It has 10 bands on the body, falling within the range of both species (10 to 17 and 8 to 14), Tail bands would help if they could be viewed.

Also if the pic was taken within Vic, only E. fasciolatus is the only legally kept species, as Broad Bands are not listed by DSE on the schedules.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

I know what your talking about, its more of a yellow then gold per'se...

There eastern bluies, wish i had a few pics as theres a few around these parts.

No offence kiddies but i think you all need to go get a real good reptile identification book and do a bit more research on the skinks of australia, my best bet is it wasnt a sandswimmer,no land mullet either, definately not a centralien and the winner is eastern bluetongue-cheers

No offence kiddies but i think you all need to go get a real good reptile identification book and do a bit more research on the skinks of australia, my best bet is it wasnt a sandswimmer,no land mullet either, definately not a centralien and the winner is eastern bluetongue-cheers

Perhaps paying attention will serve you somewhat, the sandswimmer comments were made about the picture of the sandswimmer posted early on in this thread posted by kimba and I believe the land mullet comment was made about the sandswimmer also, stating that it looks more in shape like a land mullet than a blue tongue.

re Gold

Nice bluey pike,the baby just done a poo in its nappy that colour,small world hey!

re Gold

Hey Colin,maybe it cause they both hang off a breast

LOL pike,suckl 'n,those were the good old days,now it comes out like Mr Whippy and i wipe it up up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back