Heat mat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo67

Reaction score
Hi first time snake owner, reading everything I can, getting a pygmy python and it will be going into a wooden viv, the thing is I'm reading conflicting info on where to put the heat mat, some say on the floor under a tile and others say on the side, any help would be appreciated
Jo

I have to till my light arrives, I'm hoping it will only be for a few days, or would I be better making up a tub for her until then

I pygmy python is tiny, it will only need a click clack style tub (look on here for examples, I think there's a pinned post).

You can put a heat mat under 1/3 of the tub on a thermostat, a hide in the cool and hot end, water dish, something to climb on or fake leaves, that kind of thing.

Is it a true Pygmy python, or a Banded Stimsons? (sometimes called Pygmy Banded Stimsons) Either way, a tub is going to be fine for ages.
Here's a link to a hatchy tub set up, how to etc. https://brendansreptiles.weebly.com/how-to-set-up-a-hatchling-python-tub.html

Thank you she is 12 months old but I've been watching heaps on YouTube and have decided that's the way I'll go, thank you so much for the help
Jo

Back