HOW DO I CATCH A SNAKE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that the snake is in more danger from your cats and dogs than they are from it. Cats in particular are much less affected by snake venom than people. Generally dogs also are less affected than people but are not as resiliant as cats.

Cats in particular have no place in Australia.

matto said:
GOT DOGS AND CATS THAT ARE CURIOUS AND THEY MEAN MORE TO ME THAT A ROUGE SNAKE THAT I HOPE TO REMOVE. AND YES I WOULD USE PINKIES

tried to rescue a beautiful little robin from a damn cat yesterday too late though :(:(:( the last tennants in the house im at must of been the neighborhood cat people cause everyone elses cats come into our house if a window or door is open. also they have found a small hole under the bath tub that they crawl up into from under the house!. one time I found a cat in one of my feeding tubs and he was eating all the crickets!!!! I am sorry but I agree that cats, unless properley caged or kept inside have no place in Australia.

Alot of people think the same about snakes and people on this site would call them narrow minded. Your entitled to your opinion

Alot of people think the same about snakes and people on this site would call them narrow minded. Your entitled to your opinion

Im sure, but I dont let my snake and other herps wander around the neighbourhood killing things at random. I dont have a problem with cats as long as the owners are responsible keepers, just as much as I am responsible with my Reptiles.

he's right, we should take our dogs and cats and lock them in a cage for the rest of their life. :roll:

he's right, we should take our dogs and cats and lock them in a cage for the rest of their life.

hehehe so you live in a cage too? come on azztech! everyone knows what damage ferals and domesticated cats do to our native fauna, its up to the owners to be responsible and keep them inside or properley caged (saw this awesome outside mesh cage for cats at the pet expo) its not that hard is it?? I love all animals, but cats are so destructive to our beautiful natives and its the owners responsibility to prevent this.

i personally have indoor cats, they have never seen dirt, but i don't think it's reasonable to expect a whole nation to lock up their cats at a herp communities request. and yes, i do understand the damage they cause, they cause it to my bloody house!

Azztech said:
he's right, we should take our dogs and cats and lock them in a cage for the rest of their life. :roll:

Of course we should. This isn't their native country, our native animals are not their natural food. They should be confined. Actually, cat lover though I am, I am all in favour of them not being in our country at all without good purpose and strict licensing and control.

Where is the logic that says ferals should have free rights to roam, breed, be passed around, become neglected and allowed to kill to survive, whereas our native stuff has to be strictly controlled?

Go figure.

Way off topic here, sorry.

I would like to hear your opinion on illegal imigrants, feral cats shoot em! domestic cats just love em or hate them but there here to stay and i have no problem with them as long as there controlled e.g keeping them inside during the night.

I would like to hear your opinion on illegal imigrants, feral cats shoot em! domestic cats just love em or hate them but there here to stay and i have no problem with them as long as there controlled e.g keeping them inside during the night.
hehehehe cause they dont hunt native animals in the day time???????

Even illegal immigrants get locked up when caught, pending enquiries, applications etc. Why should the cat species be afforded more rights than the human one ?

If you let your cats roam outside your being irresponsible, simple as that, even bells don't make much of a difference, they learn to move without making a sound. But if kept inside or in a cat run cat's are fine, nothing can hurt them and they can't hurt anything, it's not hard to do.

BeardyBen said:
hehehehe cause they dont hunt native animals in the day time???????
Haha!, I'm with Ben, you'd be suprised what that cuddly thing gets up to during they day, heh, I know of people who are so ignorant that even though they've seen their cat bail up a young Indian Mynah, they still tell people it doesn't hunt, go figure :roll:

Funnily enough I think every Australian reptile has a gretaer right of existance than any introduced cat or dog. If they get bitten and die, tough. Maybe you'll look after them better next time. Snakes out side, cats inside and dogs in the cooking pot.

matto said:
I would like to hear your opinion on illegal imigrants,

Maybe im drunk, or maybe im just opening up with the truth (a bit of both i think) but meh, i dont give a rats..........here i go.

Send them back in the stinkin peice of proverbial they got here in, we have enough crapola to deal with already. The only reason the Navy doenst blow them out of the water when they see them is cause other countries pick them up on their radars too, and if a blip on the screen was to "mysteriously" dissapear the nearest defence/authority boat/ship would get the blame. And im sure little johnny doesnt want that wrap on his resume. After all, he has sucked too many to blow it on one little raft that carry's another amount of vermin to screw his campaign.

Kill all cats, i'll still sleep at night quite well. They are pests, and shouldnt even be allowed to see the light of day!!!! (unless they are in a cage of sorts).

Teamsherman said:
matto said:
I would like to hear your opinion on illegal imigrants,

Maybe im drunk, or maybe im just opening up with the truth (a bit of both i think) but meh, i dont give a rats..........here i go.

Send them back in the stinkin peice of proverbial they got here in, we have enough crapola to deal with already. The only reason the Navy doenst blow them out of the water when they see them is cause other countries pick them up on their radars too, and if a blip on the screen was to "mysteriously" dissapear the nearest defence/authority boat/ship would get the blame. And im sure little johnny doesnt want that wrap on his resume. After all, he has sucked too many to blow it on one little raft that carry's another amount of vermin to screw his campaign.

Kill all cats, i'll still sleep at night quite well. They are pests, and shouldnt even be allowed to see the light of day!!!! (unless they are in a cage of sorts).

Ha, ha. that gave me a good laguh, but very true! Good stuff Teamsherman.

I USED to love cats, and I USED to love hawks. Being a reptile owner and a bird owner I hate irresponsible cat owners (let's face it at least 99% of em), and well yeah the bloody hawks too. Having said that all cats should be registered, microchipped, desexed and kept indoors or in a cat run and if found outddors they should be destroyed - simple as that. I'd have a cat as a pet again no problem, but it'd live inside the house like all my cats in the past I've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back