How do you freeze mice?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mysnakeau said:
Oh I wouldn't put them directly onto the freezer. I've put them into a container with wood shavings. I've even been told placing a fish in water in the freezer is humane method of disposing of fish

From what I've been told, stick a live vertebrate in the freezer and after a short time crystals will form in the blood, and this is, apparently, very painful.

:p

Hix

I was told to use a brick but it is useless. No matter what I do the snake wont eat it.

Swing and ding is my prefered method or as some people call it flick and brick.
I'ts a quick and painless way to kill rodents .

swampie said:
Swing and ding is my prefered method or as some people call it flick and brick.
I'ts a quick and painless way to kill rodents .
Like to see you Swing and ding as you call it to a small mouse without having the odd miss or the sheeth of the tail coming off in your hand,My thoughts on this idea is that it should be called Hit and Miss, co2 is a bit of a pain but if your doing a few its worth it.I made one up with just 2 empty coffee tins and a few bits of hose viniger and bicarb are cheap.Going to improve on the design by adding a valve to the holding tin so i can manually operate the air extraction.After alot of years doing this deed my partner even prefers this method.
Odessa

junglemad said:
I hate killing rodents by any means. We have had this debate on the site and it seems that dying is a pretty bad way to go.

Ditto. Buying them frozen from a pet store is much easier on my concience, and my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back