How long should it take for an 11yr old to save up $3,000 ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow-Serpent

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Ive finally started to save for my future albino darwin:p

How long should it take me to save this up and what are some tips (besides doing chores) on how to get money?

Also, do you know of any places that would give me a job?

Thanks,

Jordan.

Someone may correct me on this.

You are only 11... So it won't be easy getting a job. As it isn't legal for anyone under the age of 14 and 9 months I believe. Over the age of 13 you can get one,with permission from parents with papers and all that.

when i was young i did a paper route, making $13 a week. Looking back, it wasn't worth it.

If i were you, i would save all of my pocket money and see if any family friends will give you some work.

ok, ive lowered my expectations, now I only need around $500 :p

Is it really gonna be that hard to get a job? I want to work at the dogs section in a petstore, but i dont wish to support puppy mills and backyard greeders.

start off breeding some other reptile go for some beardies cause they have lots of eggs and u can sell them from 50 -75 buck. have two or so females and a male or two and keep all the profits from that. to save alot of money breed your own crickets. my first time i tried to breed them succes. which was very recntly like 3 days ago.i have soooooooo many baby crickets

start off breeding some other reptile go for some beardies cause they have lots of eggs and u can sell them from 50 -75 buck. have two or so females and a male or two and keep all the profits from that. to save alot of money breed your own crickets. my first time i tried to breed them succes. which was very recntly like 3 days ago.i have soooooooo many baby crickets
Sounds good, but one little problem, im saving up the money for the snake only, if I get beardies mum would say "Oh no, you already have too many pets"

Someone may correct me on this.

You are only 11... So it won't be easy getting a job. As it isn't legal for anyone under the age of 14 and 9 months I believe. Over the age of 13 you can get one,with permission from parents with papers and all that.

Thats right. But its good to see a young person who is willing to work for her money. I'm sure she can do something, even if its trimming the neighbours lawn, etc.

If i were you rainbow serpent, i wouldn't be spending tha much money before i had a proper job. Wait until you are 15 before spending so much money.

ok, ive lowered my expectations, now I only need around $500 :p

Is it really gonna be that hard to get a job? I want to work at the dogs section in a petstore, but i dont wish to support puppy mills and backyard greeders.

I was doing a job at a Aquarium when I was your age. But I could only buy things from the Aquarium with the money I made.. I guess it would be the same deal for you.
As I said, its illegal for any workplace to give people a Job under the age of 14 and 9months..
Your best bet is doing work for Neighbours, family ect.

ask your folks if they will match you dollar for dollar - that way you only need to save half the amount you are needing - but offer to give them something in return such as a chore around the house that you would be willing to do that is outside of your normal chores..

albino darwin is a big investment for a first snake.
Why do you only need $500 now? Changed your mind on the albino?

Pm sent. Might be able to do a homet for you.

working full time it is hard to save for an albino

and at your age $500 is still alot of money to save for it will be hard but not impossible just do alot of chores and ask everyone for money for your birthday & christmas

Yep ask for money for Christmas, birthdays etc.

As soon as you are legally old enough, and can get a proper job (fast food or whatever!), it will take you no time at all to save the money.

Chores are the best bet - call your family (aunts etc.) and tell them you are willing to work for money. Be innovative - suggest things like cleaning out the fridge, filing documents, painting a fence etc.

Suggest 'extra' things - don't expect to be paid for normal housework, all family members should do that already!

Hi!

Ive finally started to save for my future albino darwin:p

How long should it take me to save this up and what are some tips (besides doing chores) on how to get money?

Also, do you know of any places that would give me a job?

Thanks,

Jordan.

hhmm who is selling albino darwins for 3000$?

Anyhows start making stuff , pictures etc or kraft stuff and in 6 months see if you can get your parents or other family to help you sell them at the sunday markets , should make some money towards a snake.

hhmm who is selling albino darwins for 3000$?.

at 11 yrs old, they'll be much cheaper by the time you'll have the money. IMO just get a pair of young hatchy normal darwins for now, in 3-4 years you can try breeding them and if you make abit of money from them you can use that. 3K is alot of money for a first snake! start off small and work you way up.

I think it should take you 3 years to get $3000 surely you can make $3 a day .

heres some ideas collect cans ,scrap metal, odd jobs , do lawns,sell stuff on EBAY you got off peoples lawns from council clean-up, be a pest people will give you cash to nick off , save cash from christmas, birthdays ect , so in 3 years you should have the cash , $3000 will be enough for you to get a pair of albino darwins and apair of green tree pythons as well maybe have some cash spare to buy a new push bike as well .:)

Thats right. But its good to see a young person who is willing to work for her money. I'm sure she can do something, even if its trimming the neighbours lawn, etc.

If i were you rainbow serpent, i wouldn't be spending tha much money before i had a proper job. Wait until you are 15 before spending so much money.

ill have to agree with MrKite on this one, coz when i was younger i found it hard to get money and when u finally saved up the money and spent it it was hard to save it up again.
and regarding the part about being 15 b4 spending big money it works coz i saved up and got a job as soon as i could and just recently i bought my first car so i would wait until u have a proper job aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back