Irresponsible pet owner -HELP ASAP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The python has respiratory problems you must take it to a vet or it will die even if its let free
there is a good vet in samford brisbane next to the pet superstore.

u no what u should do???
wait till he goes out
take him
call him up and be like... dude im so sorry ur snake is dead
and next time he wants another one say look u didnt look after the last one
OR if u guys are renting
say the landlord says u have to get rid of it??

or simply report the jerk for being an plain idiot

yes stafford sorry
Vet
Hudson Gillian
270 Stafford Rd Stafford QLD 4053 - map
ph: (07) 3352 3606

thanks gruntbox, will give them a call tomorrow too.

Rspca were helpful. They said other license holders on the premises wouldn't be at risk of losing their license but all would be checked out. And that they couldn't just come and take the snake away, it would involve legal action also.

Will ring reptile vet tomorrow

empty the contents of the snakes enclosure into this retards bed. see what he thinks of having to lay in that sort of crap. (no..really, do it)

Good call,.

I am very sorry to read this,.. that poor bloody snake!!!
This guy is a total jerk!!, the novalty has obviously worn off, so why on earth doesnt he sell it?,. or by the sounds of it you will prob have to give it away!, .

Definately report him!, . or give us his details and we will!

Smack him in the head from me!

This is terrible, why on earth are people so cruel to animals?

I suggest calling WIRES and getting them to take the animal since your house mate is unable to look after the poor snake.
Also take a heap of photos so that you can prove what conditions the snake has being living in as proof is key in almost everything these days.

But for the snakes sake, take it off him, clean the poor thing up, get it to the vets, and buy it an enclosure that it will be able to live in.

hehe, i like that idea!

Ok, if you smuggled it away and you think he will just get another snake. Smash the enclosure he's got, then he has no choice but to buy a new cage, or he'll just stop owning snakes....

take photos of the snake in its enclosure make sure they are clear shots and send them into the RSPCA or tell them to come to you. so they can see the condition of the snake for them selves. But dam he must be having respretory problems or the humidity is to high. Good luck with the snake

The RSPCA always take photos before they remove any animal, so they can be used in court. I would suggest taking photos, then call the RSPCA. Don't tell your mate you have called them or he could reactly badly and kill the snake to hide the evidence.

The should come out and take their own photos, and then take control of the animal. Depending on the severity of the case, he will either be fined or go to court, they may even suspend his licence, at least that will stop hom owning reptiles (at least legally).

Hope some good can come of it, and you report him ASAP!!

The sad thing is, i guess that your looser of a flatmate is only using this poor snake as a status symbol.
Wants to have the over inflated ego of owning a snake without having to deal with the upkeep of it.
Unfortunatly the poor snake will possibly die, now, because of it.
Please let us now as soon as things develop with RSPCA.
Good luck.

what you have done is the best way to handle it imho

some of the early posts in this thread were basicly "why dont you do it" and i completely understand why you are looking for other options as you have said you have cleaned it befor and i think ya room mate may be under the idea of if he leaves it long enough you will just keep doing it for him. Which would be great for the snake yes but not so good for you to be looking after a snake you dont own.

the other way around it would be to take some pics and post them here and let us all show our disgust and then show your friend exactly what people think of the way he cares for his snake

either way you have to tread lightly as its someone that lives in your house and could quiet easily do something to your snakes in retaliation to what you do to his

thats why letting rspca sort it out is a better option

cheerz

skip the vet and call the RSPCA, even if he gets vets treament now he'll just get sick again in a few weeks in those condtions. you can call them anonomosly (sp?) so it coudl have been anyone who has come into the house that made the call

Did you ever think of helping to look after the snake?

would you like to have to clean out someone elses enclosures because they were too lazy to do it

also would you like to have to look after someone elses animal when its not yours at all???

i dont know about you but i have enough to look after with my own animals so it would irratate the hell out of me if i had to look after it, so i can see why you are looking for a differant way

i completely understand that an animal in need is a very serious thing but i cant see why so many people are trying to pressure you to look after it yourself when in fact it has nothing to do with you and if you did do that you would just end up being used by said person

so i say RSPCA is the go get them to put a foot up his bottom do remember that yes its very sad when a person doesnt look after an animal but you cant live life taking on everyones responcibilities or what time will then be left for your animals, thus yours becoming neglected.

cleaning the enclosure is not a long term fix getting the animal to the vet and the rspca being notified is the first and only step to a long term fix

cheerz

call 32909113

give a general outline of what is going on and ask for their advice

They are a govement area for wildlife (and who I am surrendering my blueys too)

They are great to chat to and will help

This my first reply as i have only just joined,but a mate of mine had the same thing happen.
Heard of an idiot that had an MD in a tub for 2 or so years with no heating,substrate etc in a back room with full sun and only got it out to show his mates when he was pissed.
Told him he was gonna take the snake or he was gonna bash him and take the snake,luckily the tool took the 1st option and i now have a happy,healthy python(after 6 or so months of tlc), has shed twice since i got him and is a very gentle fellow,hasnt even looked at biting me or my 3year old son who adores him.
Hope your predicament has a happy ending...........

Vets and wildlife groups have no policing authority, they cannot remove animals or even enter premises without permission. For neglected/abused domestic animals call the rspca or call your local parks and wildlife service for native animal issues. Both these bodies have the power to pull the police in and get a raid happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back