Lights

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1woma

Reaction score
I seen the LED thread in the general section and it got me thinking, what kind of light would i use if i just wanted to add a little bit of light to an enclosure...... i dont want to upset the snake though and im no sparky lol

If you don't want to add heat to your setup, LEDs are the go.

Some have a sticky backing to them and most can fit other sockets from normal lights. You will find they will come with a transformer as most LEDs have a specific voltage requirement. Be sure to find one that either fits into existing sockets, or one with a 240v wired in transformer. If it is not wired in, you will need an electrician to wire in the transformer to the 240v supply.

get one of those exo terra basking light dome covers. Once you switch the light off the dome glows for hours.

i got 2 t4 fluoresent lights for my childreni's from bunnings was about $35 each get a little warm but doent affect enclosure heat mine are 6 watt and about 30cms wide no wiring needed (2 self tappers and just plug n go)
you can also get larger ones to suit enclosure size

i got LED lighting from ebay, came with three strips of white LED lighting about 20cm long each, all connected to the same 240v plug, nice long cable. almost no heat and not that bright, enough to light up the enclosure but no where near as bright as my basking globes or UV light. cost me about 25 dollars including postage from china

Chase

i got LED lighting from ebay, came with three strips of white LED lighting about 20cm long each, all connected to the same 240v plug, nice long cable. almost no heat and not that bright, enough to light up the enclosure but no where near as bright as my basking globes or UV light. cost me about 25 dollars including postage from china

Chase

im always worried about buying stuff from OS on ebay but mite have to bite the bullet- thanks every one.

and i'll check out bunnings when i go there today to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back