Making a Reptile Rack guys.........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant go past you tube for ideas mate ,just type in reptile rack ,python rack or something like that . heaps of videos . if you got dial -up throw your computer away now but !:lol:

Dougie we gave you some good links , were they not good enough ???
what is it you really want to know ....

to be honest its hard to bother mate , every time you get some good info you just ignore it and keep asking and bumping ...............

Hey guys,
i am gathering up all the info you guys a telling me, so i can kinda make it so its a bit of an original..Any one have ideas on what i could do?

Ok guys heres some questions.......
1:I will be using a heat cord to heat all the gecko tubs?SO should i use thermostat?
2:What kind of wood should i use?
and 3:Is there any special ways i need to build the rack system?
Ok thanks guys,
Chris

1: some people don't use thermostats with small wattage cords, I'd use one for safety though.
2: Melamine is the best, thats the main wood people use for racks/enclosures its pretty cheap also.
3: its pretty basic, I can't describe how to do it really, but I made a 4x3x3 enclosure myself so its pretty easy!

Ok guys, thanks for that dave94, once other people have answered those 3 last questions, i will start designing the rack, then probaly this week, i will go looking and shopping around for some decent size tubs for the geckos!Then will get wood and things once i have it all sorted out

Ok guys, thanks for that dave94, once other people have answered those 3 last questions, i will start designing the rack, then probaly this week, i will go looking and shopping around for some decent size tubs for the geckos!Then will get wood and things once i have it all sorted out

Set up (not including cord,thermostat etc) will cost around $100-120. I payed $110 for all my wood, glass track (you don't need that :lol:) nails,screws,vents etc so its not that much!

1 always use a thermostat , better to be safe than sorry
2 melamine ....
3 no , make a simple shelf rack , rout some grooves in the back of each shelf to run the cord .

OK thanks guys, what type of thermostat?I was thinking about using the one i said in the thread Thermostats.........
Thanks,
Chris

I use on/off habistat, got it off herpshop for $72 on a special, just ordered another for my new bredli and its $80 now.

Mmmmk, the only one we have in town here is $205!!!!and thats the only thermostat we have here in Bunbury for sale!!!LOL sorry about all the !!! its just that i can't believe the city of bunbury or the shops around here won't get any other thermostats lol-Well any way, would the one i said in the Thread Thermostats..... work?Or not really?as there is only ever gonna be a heat cord as the heating?

Mmmmk, the only one we have in town here is $205!!!!and thats the only thermostat we have here in Bunbury for sale!!!LOL sorry about all the !!! its just that i can't believe the city of bunbury or the shops around here won't get any other thermostats lol-Well any way, would the one i said in the Thread Thermostats..... work?Or not really?as there is only ever gonna be a heat cord as the heating?

The reptapet one I commented on? They might work, but there worth $65 where I am, why not pay a extra $35 or so and get a very good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back