New setup for my coastals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Japster

Reaction score
I'm still relatively new to all this, but was on the hunt for some wardrobes to convert.
Couldn't find any, so I converted this bookcase.
Still have a fair bit to do to it, but it's finished for the most part.
It was pretty much a practice one, the most expensive part was the $220 sheet of polycarb :rolleyes:

03032011_0001.jpg

And yes, I have extremely long arms and find it easy to clean lol
It's very 'kid proof' which is important to me.

I cut two hatches into the top 'wall' of the case, put mesh on them for ventilation obviously.

looks good, I like it.
I personally would cut a couple of doors in the side, to clean & remove the animals etc. :) but that's just me hah

Yeah, good point Trouble.
I'll change and put things in as I go, wouldn't be hard to put some hatches in the side as well.

that what i was getting at like how do you clean and get the snakes out lol but looks cool man

It's pretty easy, I'm 6'4" and can get down in there.
Side hatches are something I'll look at doing. Maybe. :D

is it mounted on the wall with shelf brackets? hope its strong enough and dosent fall. and how is it heated?

It's got hold back screws at the top and the brackets at the bottom are pretty heavy duty, they would support around 70-80kg each with they way I have fixed them to the framework in the wall. At the moment it has no heat, but I'm working on that. Will put a lamp in each and then an overhead light as well

hey have considered this sort of thing before but always thought that the bookshelf wouldnt be deep enough? what are enclosures individual measurements?

ok i have a similiar measured bookshelf but is 300 deep enough? just wasnt sure really?

Probably depends on what you're putting in there and whether they need the floorspace or not...maybe?

so would a jungle or a coastal be fine in this sort of set up and if so for how long?

Dunno, I'm still learning :D
From what I can see, its growth rate dependent on feed rate?
I'll let you know when these guys get a bit big for this one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back