Please help i think my gtp may have scale rot.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtpcory

Reaction score
I took her out the other day and noticed some black spots developing and I'm getting concern. I believe it's scale rot but not positive. Any knowledge and advice would be greatly appreciated on how to handle the situation

I'd just take her to the vet but the closest exotic vet in my state is a couple hrs away and don't want to stress her out like that if I can avoid it !

Attachments

• 20240420_172110.jpg
    20240420_172110.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240420_172622.jpg
    20240420_172622.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure as I'm not a vet, but I think having scale rot and dealing with that would be far more stressful than a 2hr trip to the vet to get it sorted.

Yeah mate just take her to the vet. its better to drive 2 hours with her in something like a pillow case in a dark spot in the car then be in pain for a prolonged period. if you get worried about her getting stressed don't have any noise playing in the car or put her in something that muffles noise, make sure the car is clean as possible and put her in a dark place and remain calm. you being stressed out will cause her to stress out

If it helps mine have usually been ok after taking them for vet trips, I just leave them be for a few days just in case and obviously don't feed it before the appointment. Hope it's not serious.

Back