Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza09

Reaction score
Heading to Canberra tomorrow to check out the Zoo

and was wondering if anyone knew of any good shops that would be open over the weekend that I could buy some assorted reptile products?

In particular a canister filter for my Turtle tank rather than waiting for one through the mail

Any Canberra People know any decent Pet shops that may stock things?

Very True

If Pete (Canberra exotics) can't supply it in the ACT it's not worth buying. He'll have everything you'll need.

Too true. And his private zoo is awsome.:D

We have a show room now, so call ahead to make sure we are around.

Its also feeding day in the snake room tomorrow.

oh, Sorry,

You may be a little bit out of our way and time limit but I'll give you a call if plans change

thanks SlothHead :)

Hit up Canberra Exotics!! WOW!!

that was awesome
Bought a whole load of turt stuff there,
Great Setup

Then we went to the Zoo where we were meant to get to hold a snake, but out of the 2 they let you hold one was shedding and the other had just eaten, so instead we got to pat a juvenile Alligator.

They had some very beautiful snakes there, a nice Retic showed off his muscles to me by climbing up the glass front of his enclosure.

Of course went to Questacon after.

Then today we decided to go out to Cockington Green for a look and stumbled across the [url=http://www.contact.com.au/reptile/]Australia Reptile Centre[/URL]
I saw a fair few different snakes, Death Adder, A huge pair of Scrub Pythons, some browns, got to watch the keeper remove a male Tiger Snake from its enclosure while she changed a heat bulb, I had to watch the female while she did.

Then I got to hold a Carpet Python, he was so beautiful I just wanted to take him home, He didn't want to get off me.

I can't wait til I get my own snake.

yeah they rock, i live in NSW and order EVERYTHING from them and even with delivery it's cheaper plus they have everything i want and it comes to my door, what more could a girl like me what? lol

I thought some of you may be interested in some photos from my last weekend trip to Canberra

Canberra Zoo and Aquarium

Alligator - I got to pat one of these little fellas, was meant to hold a snake but the 2 they had for holding purposes were busy shedding and eating

I think these were Green Tree Frogs

Some Iguana 1,2

A hungry Shingleback having a salad

a freaking huge Moray Eel

A Pig Nosed Turtle

I think this guy was a Blood Python

There was an enclosure with some juvenile Reticulated Pythons
This one was showing us how strong he was by climbing the glass front of the enclosure
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,

This was the other one curled up in the warmth

A Taiwan Beauty Snake

1, 2.

The water in front of the Monkey Enclosures were full of Eastern Snake Necked Turtles
heres a few of them
1, 2, 3, 4

This guy was hiding in the waterfall tank

On Sunday we visited the Australian Reptile Centre which was terrific.

A Stimson

A couple of lovely huge Scrub Pythons, these were 2 males, the really cool thing about these guys was the 2 Green Tree Frogs that live in the Enclosure with them.

The next tank had a Death Adder in it, and it took us about 15 minutes to realize that he wasn't alone, check out the Jungle Python he shares an enclosure with.

This is the Male Tiger snake the keeper got out of his enclosure to change a heat bulb, he was so beautiful

and the Carpet Python I got to hold
1, 2, 3.
Excuse the eyes, was a bit hungover after the case of beer the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back