Saltuarius Swaini – Southern Leaf-tailed Gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, the ballot info from the DECC says swaini, I don't mind though as it is my first gecko and now that I know what it is, I have a care sheet and am happy.

It a great little gecko, is eating and happy.

Thanks to everyone who helped by giving me care info .

So is it a Phyllurus platurus?

I really don't mind what type of gecko it is, I just want the set up to be right for it.

well, P.platurus will appreciate stacked rocks and dry sand substrate. i cannot believe DECC are so incompetent at identifying species, even common ones. and they probably gave you a receipt for the wrong species and expect you to record it in your books 'incorrectly'. i hope these weren't available as a result of a prosecution of someone where the evidence was so poorly identified.

These geckos were confiscated as result of trying to smuggle out of the country. I think mine is a platurus as well here are some pics. (sorry bout quality)

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 54
i sexed it as a girl using Geckodans website (very good job mate)

Anyone want to have a crack at IDing these?

gex011800x600.jpg

gex008800x600.jpg

gex007800x600.jpg

Dont know about a beardie, to me it looks more like snake food :lol:

Ramsayi is that your lizard you obtained from the ballot??

Yes it came from the ballot.The ones that were left at the time (4) were all females if others who got one are interested.

what about these?
hets009800x600.jpg

hets007800x600.jpg

they look more swani then other geckos. Is that the same lizard?

The second set of pics are wild ones that live downstairs.Am in Sydney so that makes them platurus not swaini

hi

hey the pics that i have seen look definatly like p.phyllurus. do people sell these?? or are they to common for people to care ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back