Snakes following birds ?????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

It would appear to me that snakes in general are following trends in [cage] birds by about 5 years and have been doing so for a while [5-10] years. The albino darwins are a good pointer in themselves, ABOUT 8-10 years ago pied [double factor] rainbows just becoming available commercially [outside an inner circle of friends] with the [single factor] or splits as bird people like to call them, with the herp. community calling them [hets], and although this is not exactly how it goes before our genetics experts jump up and down from a practical viewpoint ITS CLOSE ENOUGH for this thread......about 5-6 years ago possible splits [hets] [birds] became available for those wishing to take a punt on genetics [and the breeders honesty ] but one advantage bird people have over herpers is its generally only 15 month wait [gamble], Now last year the first, l am going to call it colour reduced as everybody is still argui\eing over colour morphs....macaws [in australia] were sold for huge dollars, now l personally believe these would equal albino greens, which are readily available in the U.S.A. FOR $27,500 which l believe would equate to $90,000-100.000 here wiyhin 5-6 years, this is just a view of two cases in general with many more similarlarities or paralells between the two, other cases are locale specific versus native versus exotics [GTP'S] sorongs,meraukes,badu is. all legal before 1995 in Aust. on the NEBRS and other similar import systems....cheers solar 17

I believe a lot of the petitioning to local authorities in NSW on the licensing system has raised a similar point. Both systems in NSW are currently under review and I would imagine that a common framework will most likely be used to govern commercial and hobby operations.

I think given the fact that line development in birds has a 15 month generation increment (based on your statement on the wait for splits) whereas herps are closer to 30 months the morph diversity will be slower to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back