So bloody mad!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact the shop admitted liability is something, it won't bring your herps back but least you know it wasn't your husbandry at fault.

Congrats on the agreement! Nice for the pet shop to come to the party. I know it wont bring your pets back but its nice to get a "I AM SORRY"

Not naming and shaming by any means, I may of named the company I bought from is, they are after all a well valued source that I continue to donate to as they do great work, I am simply sharing MHO which I believe we are all allowed to have.

This may be the case, but the way you worded it sounded accusatory. Not to mention it is specified in the site rules that naming and shaming will not be tolerated, and stating a strong negative hunch in conjunction with the product of a business is defamatory, no matter how it was intended. I'm not having a go, just airing a gentle warning to watch how you word things so that you're not slapped on the wrist.

I know that the issue has already been resolved, but sometimes, if a business is not co-operating on a matter wherein the fault lies with them simply insisting upon having their response in writing can help. It's not exactly a direct threat, but it's not exactly passive either. No businessman feels comfortable knowing that solid evidence against them and their attitude sits in someone elses pocket ;) I've done it with a previous landlord over a drainage issue before; fifteen minutes later I had a pro on the phone organising a time to come and fix it. In my experience taking this stance works without having to make direct threats most of the time.

General Rule 14 - There are to be no forum threads with negative feedback of sponsors, businesses that are not associated with APS (like pet shops), members of the site or other similar discussion forum on the web. Likewise, promoting similar discussion forums is also not permitted without prior approval from Administrator. Negative feedback is permitted in the "Marketplace Feedback" area only, however we urge members to try to resolve their difference before negative feedback is created. (See also the Advertising Rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back