some enclosure Qs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medz84

Reaction score
ok so i brought 3 reptile one enclosures 650x450x480 ive decided to use heat cord and tile setup on at least 2 of them (antaresia's) so got a few questions

1. do i go for a rough or smooth tile?

2. should tiling 1/3rd of the floor be fine?

3. is there any recommeded glue for the tile? (non toxic etc)

4. is it ok to use the same heat cord for both enclosures while running just one thermostat (enclosures are identical)

cheers...

ok so i brought 3 reptile one enclosures 650x450x480 ive decided to use heat cord and tile setup on at least 2 of them (antaresia's) so got a few questions

1. do i go for a rough or smooth tile? Smooth be best for cleaning purposes

2. should tiling 1/3rd of the floor be fine? It would be fine since you are mitigating the heat with the tiles and without heat the tiles can be quite cold.

3. is there any recommeded glue for the tile? (non toxic etc) You could use grout however grout is somewhat porous and cleaning the stains out would be difficult, silicone would work better.

4. is it ok to use the same heat cord for both enclosures while running just one thermostat (enclosures are identical) It would be ok, however you won't have the ability to micro-climatise each enclosure. Despite them being identical, different internal compositions and whether it is closer to a door where more airflow occurs, can change an enclosure by a couple of degrees. Can use one, but will have to settle with not being able to customise each reptiles requirements.

cheers...

I wouldn use grout to adhere tiles. Grout is only designed for small gaps no more then 20mmx10mm. The more u use the weaker it will be. I would use silicone.

O and to save money, just go to ur local tile shop and ask for a sample or two of the right size tile, there usually free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back