Taking wild caught animals Part 54 (split from other topic)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hix said:
Incidentally, they don't want you to apologise for your views on wildcaught animals. They want you to apologise for what they (and many others) consider to be a personal attack upon their integrity.

And in my opinion, they most certainly deserve it.

Hix

Pilbarapythons,
For the words of yours i twisted, my sincere apologies if i offended you or anyone else involved in the business of wild collection. Once again i have stumbled to get the right wording and this time it seems i did stuff them greatly.

Again, im sorry for what i have written and shall keep my head out of your business no matter what my feelings and opinions on the matter.

Alan.

Alan your "feelings and opinions" are not only hypocritical, but they are uneducated, unrealistic and idiotic.

Simon Archibald

Simon,
What i feel on the subject is just that, its what i feel. There is nothing idiotic, unrealistic or uneducated about my feelings.

Hypocritical? as i said, all of my animals are captive bred and have been for many many years. I understand that their ancestry was taken from the wild for captive breeding, but MY animals werent. Thats why i bought them.

As for this subject, those that dont agree with me can (insert rude direction here) as im now over having to explain myself.

Dont you people understand the two words "my opinion" or the other two words "my feelings"???

Maybe you should look it up, cause then you will realise that my feelings and opinions never have, and never will have any effect on the subject anyway. So whats the big deal, i dont like something, so i stated it.

:evil:

It was never your opinion but rather how you worded it that has worked people up.

The disclaimer that a CB animal has never known any different therefore it is acceptable to cage them to me doesnt stack up. My blue tongues which i bred from wildcaught parents behave exactly the same way as the wild caught one's do. My stimsons that i bred from wild caught parents behave exactly the same as the wild caught ones. Same with the knob tails i have bred, beardeds i have bred.
I have limited proof of this, but asfar as i m concerned reptiles are a basic animal and provided their hirachy of needs are fulfilled will thrive in the wild or captivity.

The problem with this type of debate is that it is often based on personal opinion, misinformation, emotion and in my case the desire to just nut it out but i dont think anyone is capable on this or any other list. It alsways descends into rather immature and infantile name calling.

Oldfella, i hope we get down the track to pygmy's very soon. They are a very beautiful little python and i cant wait to work with them and see little pygmy heads popping out of eggs.

womas4me said:
It was never your opinion but rather how you worded it that has worked people up.

I felt once the way i worded it had been argued and thrown at me, i was then being labeled different items for my opinion being "wrong". But like i said, its all been said and done, im very over it.

And i have apologised for the initial words i wrote.

I think the only person now that has the right to personally argue with me is Pilbarapythons.

But i think the rest of the thread should go to the civil debate on the main topic, or just not go at all.

Cheers, Alan.

How is it torture, Alan? Did you ask the animals? As most have said, you have no proof of what you're saying...your feelings are absolute crap, you have zero knowledge of taking animals from the wild...sure, you might have some misinformed moral dilemna with it, but you have nothing to back it up...

Sorry alan, but I gotta agree with pretty much everything's been said against you. I won't bother repeating it all, it's been said. Hixy summed it up well.
But i think the rest of the thread should go to the civil debate on the main topic, or just not go at all.
That'd be great for you, wouldn't it...
It is interesting though, that as soon as the thread turns so far against you that you realise what a hole you're in and how many people are against you, you're suddenly "over it". You have nothing to back up your unfounded statements, nothing to debate or argue with that has ANY substance, so you try to back out of it. Opinions that weakly supported really should never be voiced in the first place.

I dont need to back up what i feel on the subject Jonno.

Sam,
No hole here mate. Take a free outdoorsie type person and stick them in solitary confinement for the rest of thier lives. Fine, they are being fed well and have a warm blanket. But im sure they would still find it torture.

I dont like the collection of wild animals for immediate sale. Big eefffen woop! I never have liked it, and never will like it. Thats the way it is. No amount of put downs or argumentative facts thrown my way is gonna make me change my mind, aswell as no matter how many "internet" handles i upset with the subject.

Cheers, Alan. :)

Teamsherman said:
I think the only person now that has the right to personally argue with me is Pilbarapythons.

Wrong !
I think that your unreasonable opinions were aimed at Pilbara Pythons but effect all of us in W.A who are licenced to collect reptiles.

You publicly attacked the practice of collecting without any research into the subject that you are so passionate about and then claim that we dont have the right to argue.

I was the first licenced Taker in W.A & now have one of the largest collections of wild-caught reptiles in this state. Alot of my animals are that well adjusted that you would believe they were captive-bred.
I am the director of the largest reptile company in Perth and have more than 15 years experience in the field with wild herps. Alot of what you read in your books is thanks to many of us that have spent time in the field & have shared our experiences to further the knowledge of herpetology
I think that I have earned the right to argue on this subject, as I found your opinions offensive.

Has anyone ever accused you of torture & cruelty without even looking at your animals or your husbandry ? and then to do it publicly ! and then not to expect an argument ?

It always seem to be the people with little field knowledge that are so outwardly against wild caught animals. If you are so blatantly against this practice please stop the hypocrisy and give up your pet reptiles, because you know where they came from and it wasnt a laborotory.

While your up there on your moral high ground, please stop eating our native fish, and no more wood furniture as these were once homes for reptiles (even pine plantations were once prime habitats for reptiles).
stop driving ( if you could see the amount of reptiles killed on our roads every day) and how many reptiles were lost clearing the land for your house or your shopping center ?

Please get your head out of the sand & do a little research before you attack somebody publicly. Better still, pack up your swag , go bush for a week or two and see these animals out there before we lose them to feral animals and habitat destruction - the real threat to out wildlife.

Sorry for the late response to this thread, we've just got back from the reptile shed after testing our new torture racks on a couple of suspicious looking Knob-tailed geckoes. The little buggers screamed and howled but they would not give up any of the required information regarding their breeding habits so we are left with no choice but to sell them for huge profits.

PilbaraPythons said:
Sorry for the late response to this thread, we've just got back from the reptile shed after testing our new torture racks on a couple of suspicious looking Knob-tailed geckoes. The little buggers screamed and howled but they would not give up any of the required information regarding their breeding habits so we are left with no choice but to sell them for huge profits.

LOL Touche!

Im glad you could respond without calling me certain things and saw the slightly lighter side to it.

Cheers, Alan.

No worries Alan everybody in this great country of ours is entitled to their views and opinions thats what makes it such a bloody good place to live. three cheers for democracy eh!

If you look at Switch's avatar you will see a wild animal that i could confidently keep in captivity and ensure it's happiness.

Taking wild caught animals Part 54(split from other topic)

:lol: :lol: You cracked me up pilbara! :lol: :lol: Good ta see ya still got a sense of humour after the severe slagging you received.Womas4me my father usedta say,"You cant teach an idiot" i know what he means now, its just a waste of time. :wink: :wink:

I think that Teamsherman do have the picture now.
My opinion is that we should leave him along and be more friendly. I am sure that he learned his lesson and understand that there is larger picture regarding wild catching. Not ewerything what is happening regarding colecting from nature is always black and white, there are reason sometimes for it.

Best example of it would be saving California condors by catching them all to preserve the specie.
Americans did excelent job and I hope they will have succes.

Slateman said:
Best example of it would be saving California condors by catching them all to preserve the specie.
Americans did excelent job and I hope they will have succes.

I've actually seen the Californian Condor facility at the San Diego Wild Animal where, at one time, they had half the world population of Cal. Condors. There was less than 30 when they were all removed from the wild, but their numbers have increased significantly since then (currently a world total of almost 250) and more than 100 have been released into the wild, where they have started breeding again.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back