Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

my00wrx1

Reaction score
I saw this snake in our backyard in Townsville this afternoon can you help identify it? I took the photo's through the screen door so they are a bit out of focus. I was thinking its probably an eastern brown or less likely a taipan.

What's good book for identifying Australian snakes? A smallish field guide would also be good so I can take it when I go bush.

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_4927 (855 x 642).jpg
    IMG_4927 (855 x 642).jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 339
Holy crap, how many of you are going 'with the flow' ?. Tell me for all the people who picked taipan why ?.

wow, i cant believe how many people are willing to "guess" in a thread like this. if i were you wrx, i would follow what saratoga says, she knows her stuff.

Definatly taipan, I just checked out some books and the head shape and especially scale arrangement are taipan. It looks close to eastern brown but not quite.

Definatly taipan, I just checked out some books and the head shape and especially scale arrangement are taipan. It looks close to eastern brown but not quite.
I would be purchasing some new ID books then mate !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back