When building your own enclosures what vents do you use?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas22044

Reaction score
Ive been thinking of building my own enclosure for my woma but i cant find any decent vents to use. The only ones i can manage to find are ones that connnect to pipes.

I’ve seen people use those stainless steel things you put in the plug hole in your kitchen sink to stop the food scraps going down the drain. Get two for each vent one for the inside and one for the outside and just silicone them in.

Or get stainless steel security fly screens made to what ever size, some of little ones are more like breather holes rather than ventilation, bit pricey but perfectResized_image002_139342467441372.jpeg

Or get stainless steel security fly screens made to what ever size, some of little ones are more like breather holes rather than ventilation, bit pricey but perfectView attachment 333127
Will this not cause a massive draft? Do you need that much ventilation?
I use wardrobe vents (supposed to keep you r clothes from smelling) 2 on the back

those vents look pretty much oversize, how does it retain heat ?
The top is solid and putting a ceramic globe with cage on left and heat rises so the top area will retain heat, putting shelf up high on left side and another below globe on right, it will be inside where there's no breeze or wind. With solid top and high shelf will actually trap heat. In summer heat globe won't be on as my diamond is happy as in summers ambient temps and humidity is fine as I live in Brisbane

those vents look pretty much oversize, how does it retain heat ?

The top is solid and putting a ceramic globe with cage on left and heat rises so the top area will retain heat, putting shelf up high on left side and another below globe on right, it will be inside where there's no breeze or wind. With solid top and high shelf will actually trap heat. In summer heat globe won't be on as my diamond is happy as in summers ambient temps and humidity is fine as I live in Brisbane
Bugger, got my lefts and rights mixed up, globe is on left and high shelf on right and shelf below globe on left

Will this not cause a massive draft? Do you need that much ventilation?
I use wardrobe vents (supposed to keep you r clothes from smelling) 2 on the back
It will be indoors where there is no wind or slight breeze even and went big as diamonds don't need same temps as Darwin or jungles and live in Brisbane. If had different python or lived in different area would of went smaller. Also heat rises so the whole area above glass is gunna be warm as.

Back