Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am pretty sure i heard the olive was wild caught, either by gavin bedford, or it just landed in his hands to breed from im not 100%, im sure someone on here will know the story.

there are definitely albino's out there, just have to be in the right place at the right time. unfortunately the odds of being allowed to bring it into captivity are just as slim as finding one, unless you know someone in the EPA of course....

Well I am sure I will never have to endure the pain of being in the terrible situation of discovering a wild albino haha Or worse I would discover a genuine wild albino and everybody would not believe me that it was not a captive bread one anyway......I can only imagine the excitement in the hobby when blondie was brought into captivity.

The NT authorities have a different attitide to most state in that they view their natural rescouces as something which should be available to the hobby. Blondie was owned by the Territory Wildlife Authorities and loned to Simon Stone for breeding purposes before being returned. if Stone and the finder of White Phoenix had co-operated we may have had Albino Darwins available to the hobby a lot sooner as White Phoenix was a male and found about the same time as Blondie.

i have always drawn a blank on getting white phoenix info, as have a lot of people.

was white phoenix also a gavin bedford project?

edit- nope, just chaecked his website and it appears not....

The NT authorities have a different attitide to most state in that they view their natural rescouces as something which should be available to the hobby. Blondie was owned by the Territory Wildlife Authorities and loned to Simon Stone for breeding purposes before being returned. if Stone and the finder of White Phoenix had co-operated we may have had Albino Darwins available to the hobby a lot sooner as White Phoenix was a male and found about the same time as Blondie.

so blondie was returned after breeding. interesting

Wokka you know as well as i do that there is a little more to both the blondie and WP story. Particularly in reference to the blondie story, making the offspring available to the hobby was not hte first thing on the minds of the beaurocrats and decision makers. But that is another story for another time.

To my knowledge the chance of an albino snake being produced in the wild is 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 30,000.

i got a mate who found an albino corn in his bird cage in blacktown, they were wondering what was happening to their finches. Doubt it was wild though.

I had a mate that lost one near mitchell high if ya mate lives near there !!!

and the other day a mate calls me and say i lost our baby albino corn how do i find it !!! there are heaps of albinos corns in blacktown and corns in general !!!!

i hate corns so NO i dont own any !!

i have always drawn a blank on getting white phoenix info, as have a lot of people.

was white phoenix also a gavin bedford project?

edit- nope, just chaecked his website and it appears not....
Yeah ive heard from a few people that the white Phoenix line was a load of crap.
And blonde was the only Albino darwin found..i mean it does sound a little far fetched 2 albinos found at the same time.

Yeah ive heard from a few people that the white Phoenix line was a load of crap.
And blonde was the only Albino darwin found..i mean it does sound a little far fetched 2 albinos found at the same time.

Lots of people don't know what they are talking about. I know the owners of the WP line, so does Wokka and i'm sure a few other people on the forum do too. It's not a load of crap.

if one popped out there is no real reason that there weren't others from the same clutch. but no one seems to want to share the white phoenix story so who knows.

Does anyone else think it's amazing that all of the albinos around in the hobby originated from one or two animals? I think it's really cool and kinda goes to show just how small/young our community is

Lots of people don't know what they are talking about. I know the owners of the WP line, so does Wokka and i'm sure a few other people on the forum do too. It's not a load of crap.

Fairenough i stand corrected :) i tend to take what i hear in this hobby with a grain of salt anyway lol

Does anyone else think it's amazing that all of the albinos around in the hobby originated from one or two animals? I think it's really cool and kinda goes to show just how small/young our community is
Yep and now theres hundreds of them....i like to think with the eventual over supply and price drops of albino darwins and less and less people breeding the standard stuff such as coastals that it will mean in 10 years time coastal carpets will be expensive due to being rare in captivity as everyone has jumped on the morph train lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of the albino herp lines in Australia originated from the wild. The exceptions would be the death adders and beardies. I am also aware of wild caught albinos that have not been used to create captive lines. A few years ago there was an albino copper head captured in Jells Park (SE Melbourne).

Here in WA we have 2 albino Bobtails (shingleback as you call them) and I know that 1 was found in the suburbs by a gardener when he was cutting the grass.

I met a fella whose mate had an albino red Belly, but on further questioning it had died a few years ago.

Forgot to mention, my mate also breeds albino Motorbike frogs Litoria moorei, that came from the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back