Wild Bandy Bandy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno from ERD

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here is a shot of one of many Bandy Bandy's we find every year. Despite how common they are, it's always exciting to find them as they are just so unusual.

1_Bandy.JPG

Hi Jonno

Awesome snakes....I luv the way they throw their bodies into rings to confuse you, and with all those bands!!:lol: It had me wondering which end was which!:D.

Found this one in the neighbours pool......

Resize of IMG_1855.jpg

Resize of IMG_1857.jpg

Kelly

Whilst on the subject of Bandy Bandy's, does anyone know how common it is for a Bandy Bandy to have irregular banding? I've only ever seen it once so i presume it is pretty rare for them to not be perfectly banded?

GraftonChic,

They are definitely venomous, but aren't considered dangerous. They belong to the same family of snakes as Taipans, Browns Snakes, Tiger Snakes etc. I only know of two people who have been bitten and neither have had major drama's.

I haven't seen Bandy Bandys with broken bands, either.

I found this one North-west of Sydney a couple of years ago. Unfortunately he had met a sad end, especially considering how rare his irregular banding appears to be. :(

Attachments

• bandy_bandy.jpg
    bandy_bandy.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 95
GraftonChic,

They are very widespread over most of Eastern Australia. There are several species of Vermicella but only one is widespread.

MrBredli,

My apologies, I have seen them like that. When you said irregular banding, I thought you meant bands that stop midway around the body, which is quite common in Tigers and Stephens Bandeds.

What! No Dance? oh well, guess I will have to chime in :lol:

Attachments

• Vermicella annulata.JPG
    Vermicella annulata.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back