Is my spotted python ok?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristi

Reaction score
I recently got a 7 month old blonde spotted python and she’s been quiet during the day and very active at night.

I let a friend handle her the other day and she fell off her shoulder onto wooden floorboards from approximately 5 feet. She started moving away and I picked her up to take a look at her and couldn’t notice any obvious wounds but I think she may have urinated a little.

I put her back in her enclosure and she’s been very quiet for 2 days now. Not moving around at night like she normally would.

Does anyone have any advice as to whether it’s likely she may have broken bones or other injuries she may have?

She is probably fine , one of my adult carpets fell off the clothes line a few years ago (about 6 feet) onto short grass , didn't seem to harm or worry him at all , young snakes are usualy quite shy so give her time and see what happens, if she is still moving around ok , i don't think anything is broken , i would keep a close eye on her for a while just in case. Good luck.

She is probably fine , one of my adult carpets fell off the clothes line a few years ago (about 6 feet) onto short grass , didn't seem to harm or worry him at all , young snakes are usualy quite shy so give her time and see what happens, if she is still moving around ok , i don't think anything is broken , i would keep a close eye on her for a while just in case. Good luck.
Thanks for your response :)

Back